ESA

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have just won my ESA tribunal and been placed back into the support group.Don't know if i will be in income related or contribution based and how it will affect my pension.can anyone help. thanks

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

HI,

Great news on the Tribunal win.

That will totally depend on what you were on previously when your ESA stopped. Ring DWP and they will confirm exactly what it is you're claiming. You will need to ring them anyway to report your pension because even if you are claiming Contributions based, you still need to tell them.

If your ESA is income related then your pension will affect your ESA £1 for £1.

If your pension is Contributions based then any pension over £85 per week will affect your ESA 50p for every £1 over that amount.

If your ESA is contributions based with an income related top up then you'll lose the top up £1 for £1. How much of the contributions based you'll receive will depend how much your pension is per week.

If you received a lump sum and you're claiming Income related then anything over £6,000 will affect your ESA £1 for every £250 over that amount. Anything £16,000 and over and you won't be entitled to any ESA.

• Posted

hi denise15811

I get £92.00 pw pension will give the DWP a ring to find out thanks.

• Posted

i thought esa stopped when you got a pension. Does it not?

• Posted

Hi Jackie,

Yes when you claim state pension it does but this isn't state pension. It will be a works pension, which is completely different.

• Posted

Hi John,

How long have you been receiving that pension? and was the Tribunal because you were found fit for work previously? or because you were placed into the WRAG when the decision was made after your last assessment?

• Posted

Hi Denise

had my pension from end of February this year i was found fit for work last September.The lump sum i got is now gone the DWP know all about that and what pension i get.So all i need to know now is my ESA income or contribution will have to give them a ring.thanks

• Posted

Were you able to ring DWP to find out which ESA you're claiming?

• Posted

Hi Denise

It looks like I'm getting the income related & I'm in the support group

• Posted

This means that your pension will reduce your ESA £1 for £1. Support Group Income related amount is £128.45 per week, which means you'll receive £36 per week ESA and this will be from when your pension started.

• Posted

Hi again

Does that include £38.55 for being in the support group or is the £36.00 on top of that.Thanks

• Posted

The £128.45 includes everything for Income related ESA and the £36 per week is what you will receive.

• Posted

Sorry, i missed the 45p on that. You'll receive £36.45 ESA per week.

• Posted

Hi again Denise

I claim for me and my wife dose the amount i will get change.I also claim pip and my wife gets carer's allowance for me my pip is low on both living and mobility.thanks

• Posted

Had you said you claim as a couple with your wife then i could have advised you from the start that it would have been income related you're claiming. I could have then one the calculations straight away if you had given all the information. I can only give the correct advice based on the information given.

Your ESA payment will be £56.20 per week as a couple then your wife will receive £66.15 Carers allowance and then you'll have your pension on top.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.