esa

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi ive just received letter and form in regards to my son esa renewal , as im his carer full time , he receives the full amount last time which was only a couple of years ago it seems since he was awarded it , will he have to go through the same as he did before ie a meeting with them as before or is it just the form by the way he has authism and gets very anxious and cannot handle any sort of stress , i came back to you all as you helped so much last time with your support thanks annmarie

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Annmarie I'm sorry that this is causing you stress but I'm sure things will be OK, you can ask for some advice probably the citizens advice would be a good choice but contact them quickly so it's sorted before you get the interview date

You might not even need a face to face interview

I think there will be others that come on with advice

• Posted

thank you for your answer , ive been trying to get an appointment with the lady that helped with forms last time but she on maternity leave and doesnt return for another month , so trying to find some support to help ie the doctors but thats impossible as the receptionest wont give an appointment to see him or even print any information off , im going to speak to a advice centre called liferooms as people from cab do go in every 2 weeks hopefully it will all get sorted , i really hope i dont have to take him for an assessment as he got very stressed last time thank you any way for taking the time to answer annmarie x

• Posted

The fact that he gets so stressed will not be a problem at least they will see him probably at his worst enforcing his claim

Sometimes what's on paper no matter who wrote it isn't enough, needs to be visual sometimes

I don't know everything but any assistance with forms etc give me a shout

• Posted

Hi,

You will need to make sure those forms are filled in with as much information as possible about how his conditions affect his ability to do any type of work.

For ESA you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months. A face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them. You will also need to make sure evidence is sent to support his claim.

You must make sure the forms are returned no later than the date stated on the letter, failure to return them by this date and his could be found fit for work. There's no extension of time for returning the work capability assessment form.

His ESA will continue until a decision's been made on his claim but there's no timescales how long the process can take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.