ESA Accessment

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi can you advise me I have been on ESA receiving the additional Serve Premium Disability Component since 2016. I received form ESA50 at the end of November 2019 stating it had to be returned by the 25th December 2019. I sent it back with relevant information and all additional medical letters. I called DWP just before Christmas and was told that they had received everything but to date I haven't heard anything else. The existing benefits that I get now is until 18th January 2020. Will I still be paid after 18th January 2020 or will they stop my money until I have been assessed? Also next year I will be 66 years old so will be ended my claim for ESA as I will be claiming my state pension do you think this is why I haven't been assessed yet? Your help and advice would be much appreciated as I'm starting to worry.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Many ESA assessments are set for two year intervals, (or less) With a bit of luck you will keep your current claim going either paper based or with a face to face. You "can not" loose your"e current claim "without an assessment" so, you will still keep your"e benefit coming in "unless" found fit for work by either means. Like you iam 66 next year and on ESA and thinking it would not be cricket if they signed me off now.

• Posted

HI,

ESA re-assessments are not set for 2 year intervals. You can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months for the work capability assessment and the time they give you is purely just a guide. Which is why a decision letter for the work capability assessment never has a date on it.

I've been in the Support Group since 2013 and in that time i've only had 2 re-assessments.

• Posted

Hi Denise thank you for your answer this will be my 2nd assessment not including my very first one back in 2016 to ascertain whether I was to be put in the support group or work capacity group (I was and still am in the support group) 2 questions if you don't mind. 1st will I continue to receiving my money until I am re-assessed and 2nd as I will be 66 next September my ESA will end when I start claiming my pension, could I still be found for work capability in the mean time? Your knowledge and understanding of the system is very valuable and easy to understand. Thank you in advance for your help.

• Posted

The advice given by gettinonmypip is correct, your ESA will continue until a decision's been made. ESA is an ongoing award and doesn't end unless you're found fit for work.

I'm afraid reaching state pension age next September will not prevent you being found fit for work this time.

Hopefully that won't happen and your ESA will continue. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Denise for your help and advice will just have to wait until I receive my assessment letter. Will let you know hopefully it won't be to long in waiting

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.