ESA and PIP Help Appreciated

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I was on esa assessment rate for 2 years due to a fault with DWP until it was intercepted with cab. Now I'm in the support group and all been resolved after my home visit and backdated money.

My issue is a couple of things.

3 weeks ago I received a form to fill in which I done. The person at Dwp said it was to apply for PIP. Upon chasing it up I was told I was incorrectly informed and wrong form sent out. The one I think I filled out was is10 was for DLA.

I was then asked to apply again over the phone which I done yesterday. So of course normal procedures apply.

My question is this ; I've waited 2 years for my medical and now I've had it and after many DWP faults, where do I stand if I get accepted for PIP. Could I have been applying for this 2 years ago ?

Thank you

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa

you probably could have but I think you will only be able to claim PIP from the date of your application.

I only think this I don't know for sure.

• Posted

Thanks for reply. If that's the case then I won't complain I was just wondering as I'm new to all this ! Thanks again xx

• Posted

You are welcome 

I have just been through the process of DLA to PIP and have just been awarded enhanced for both components.

If you need any help on how assessments work or anything you need to know don't hesitate to ask , I will always try to help you.

• Posted

And If I can't help I am sure some of the others on this site will, they are a lovely group of people.

• Posted

Your a star thank you.

I've always worked but unfortunately went onto ESA 2 yr ago. Really feel for all u guys going through this for longer.

The medical I had for ESA at home by a female doctor was amazing. She even gave me her mobile number so she could visit and try help any way she could,

I was told my PIP I may not need another medical due to the other one only being mid June x

• Posted

Yeah you might need another assessment, I presume that's what you mean by medical,  but some people have had just paper assessments.

make sure you send as much information as you can get your hands on about your disabilities and the problems you have on a day to day basis.

• Posted

I had an assessment for PIP and have just been put in th support group without another assessment, so it might work both ways.  

And just to say that it took 4 months from the date of my claim to getting an award, it is a slow process and the PIP2 form is a long form to fill in, I presume you have not received this yet , it usually takes 2 weeks to arrive.

• Posted

Hi

No I haven't I just done the process over the phone so I'll wait for the form for a while as expected, as I said Dwp sent me the wrong form over 3 weeks ago so now I'll be penalised for that x

• Posted

Hi lisa, the is10 form you filled in was for the severe disability premium of esa which you wont get yet, but if you get pip care componant at any rate (standard/enhanced) you live alone and no one gets carers allowance for you, you MUST ask for another is10 form as it will entitle you to another £61.85 a week on top of your esa.

but of course like with all dwp things you must fit the criteria. but if you do, esa support group,pip care componant (at any rate), you live alone and no one gets carers allowance for you then you need another is10 form. they wont send you another one. they only send them when they know you don't qualify. when you do qualify it's up to you to ask for it. more lovely dwp rules. sad 

Good luck with your pip application

x

• Posted

Thanks Gill appreciate all your comments there. They make u feel like a scrounger and its Awful. Quick enough taking National insurance and tax for 25 years though. Not that that should make any difference. If people are sick it's about time they pulled their fingers out there arse xx

• Posted

Hi gill

I've just got one of those forms for severe disability allowance, where does it say it's an is10  form?

• Posted

Exactly!!. They treat sick people like dog muck on their shoes, so make sure you get everything you are entitled too. iv'e just finished dealing with them getting everything sorted for the last 10 months but i'm done now, until it all starts again when my reviews are due then the fight starts all over again. it's a disgrace. 

x

• Posted

i found it online under a freedom of information act request someone had done and in the dwp responces they called it the is10 for severe disability premium. 

x

• Posted

Okay thanks

I didn't know there was such a thing until the other day .  I can't claim it anyway but I will still have to send the form in I expect.

• Posted

neither did i till someone on here did a thread on it, i'm disgusted that they don't tell you about it. 

I'm getting it now and got it back dated too.They would have these large lump sum payments to make if they just gave it to people who qualify straight away.. 

but hey, beter late than never. at least now i can afford my scooter upgrade without having to take out a loan. 

x

• Posted

Oh sorry Gill I  haven't  made it clear. I have only been put into the support group last week and just got the letter confirming it today and  they also sent me this form at the same time to claim SDA.

I was in the WRAG for 4 years up until they sent me a reassement claim form.

• Posted

when you do qualify it's up to you to ask for it. more lovely dwp rules

Absolutely and not knowing what you can claim is no excuse for making an application and wanting it backdated.

Over the years the DWP have gone from putting adverts on the television, in the newspapers and for some benefits, actually paying them for 6 months in the hope that you will make a formal claim at the end of that 6 month period to 'it's for you to find out what you are entitled to - not for us to tell you'.

I wonder why they have gone from a caring government organisation to one that will do absolutely everything to put barriers in your way to getting what you are entitled to? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.