Esa and pip queries

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all

can someone please advise me. I am receiving esa and pip I was medically retired a while back.

my wife has been made redundant and I was wondering ,,do i need to contact them regarding changes ?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

As your wife was working then i'm assuming that you're claiming either the old Contributions based ESA or New style ESA? If so then they are both Contributions based and not means tested so savings/capital redundancy money doesn't affect the amount you can claim.

PIP isn't mean tested either and isn't affected.

For what benefits your wife can claim then you'll be need to contact an advice agency near you for a full benefits check because what she can claim will depend on circumstances.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.