ESA and Severe disability premium

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there,

​Just need any info anyone can provide me with please.

​ive just been awarded standard rate PIP razz​ thank god thats over finally, and i received a letter from ESA stating that i may be entitled to severe disability all i needed to do was fill out the questions they sent saying do i live alone? does anyone care for me? and am i receiving pip standard rate. so i answered NO NO and YES. ive sent it back and since spoken to them and i was informed that i should be entitlet to it as i meet the criteria but has to go to decision maker so cant say for definite. then they started talking about enhanced disability premium on top of that a week what is that? dioes anyone know?

​then i was informed that ive been on the assessment phase for over 13 weeks now and are awaiting my medical to decide what happens next. i didnt need to have a face to face assessment for PIP they did it all off my medical evidence so am i likely to not have to have a face to face for this one?

​im new to all of this so any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

​Many thanks for reading redface

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had both a PIPS face to face where the accessor came to my.house and an ATOS for ESA at an assessment centre
  • Posted

hi for sdp u can claim it but if u have a non dependant with u u can't
    • Posted

hi thanks for your replies. no i live alone, and no one gets carers for me either. i still havent had my health assessment for esa they said theres a back log can they still award sdp before a health assessment.? x
  • Posted

Hi u can claim it as long as no other adult lives with or a non dependant I found that out recently and I got an over payment as I didn't know
    • Posted

no im single and i live alone just me and my 2 cats smile

​i just wasnt sure if they can still make a decision on sdp and award that without having that appointment for esa the health one. i didnt need a face to face for pip so hopefully they will decide that too.  

• Posted

Yes you are entitled to Severe. Disablement payments

The criteria is you live alone and gave ni carers

The,amount is approximately £50 a,week, which could be back dated and you could receive a,cheque fir the under payment.

The enhanced part of PIP is the higgest payment

Being enhanced you could claim a disability car if you have the mobility enhanced. You only pay for petrol, Insurance, Tax, MOT, tyres, service ispaid for. You can chose the car and every three years you can change it.

The,sown side is that you do not receive any of your mobility money.

Think about what is most important to you.

Also you can claim a free road tax disc for someone who takes you our shopping, Drs, Hospital etc

Hope this knowledge helps you.

X

• Posted

Hi linda,

​many thanks for your help regarding this.

i dont receive anything for the mobility component of pip i get standard rate care component.

​that sounds quite promising then that i may receive it as it does all help, unfortunatly im in this situation but life takes it tool and catched up with u in the end.

many thanks again for your help and take care x

• Posted

hi linda

​i just spoke to esa is it right that you get sdp if u are receiving enhanced rate daily living care component part of pip?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.