ESA another claim

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm currently claiming ESA in the support group for 3 years which started about 1year ago. However I received a form this morning to say I need to apply for ESA! and to complete the form which then may result in an assessment but did this 1 year ago!!

Really confused as this was set 1 year ago for 3 years and now saying I've got to apply for ESA which I'm already claiming???

Thanks

Neil

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Usually they send ESA reassessment forms from my knowledge 4 to 6 months before the they are due to end so your best bet is to either phone the office up that deals with your claim or one of the advice centres Neil. 
  • Posted

Hi Neil.

I am also on ESA. And I'm still baffled as to how you have been given a length of time you'll be on it. You say 3 years. I when I passed there interviews etc was sent a letter saying I was successful. Nowhere did it give a timescale. I even rang at one stage and the woman (cutting an unnecessary long story short) said on ESA they can bring you in again at anytime. If memory serves me right think it's to do with fact I'm on ESA income related support group. Might be wrong, but if you on ESA contributory support group I think it runs out after 12 months. Which probably means you have to apply for income related support group,same as me. Good luck anyway. All the best.

• Posted

I was put on esa support group 2016 and was told in a letter by dwp that i would be in the support group untill 2018 it gave me the exact dates i would be there till

• Posted

Hi Neil,, i had the same with pip,, was awarded hr n hr daily living for 3years in 2014

In sept 16 I was asked to fll in n went for f 2 f got report bk ,, moved the St daily living

N nothing for mobility I'm appealing one,, was put on contributions ESA in Nov

2015 support group 3 years but got letter last week to say a phone interview has been

arranged for Tuesday,,, read up on this,,, its like being investigated to find out if you still

Qualify,,, with all the changes happening there got to save some money n they

Obviously think that some ilments are going to get better ,,well mine have got worse

N you needed to tell em tthat if yours have,, good luck x

• Posted

Hi Neil as others said you need to give them a ring Monday and ask the question, but are you contributions based if so its usually a year, but things are changing all the time and I am afraid we don't have to be informed of changes until it actually effect's us as individuals, you only have to look at how DLA has changed now it PIP

• Posted

They can review you at anytime they choose, even though you were awarded it for 3 years. All ESA reviews are classes as a new claim so any previous evidence that was sent the first time will not be looked at for this claim.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.