Esa assesment

Posted , 7 users are following.

I finally had my esa assesment yesterday 3rd december. Ive got to admit I was feeling really ill, which was made worse with anxiety because of the unknown.

The assesor was really nice he was a male docter. May I say he put me at ease explained what he was doing and what he wanted me to do. I got upset and he was really understanding. Now its all over after 18mths and all I just need to wait for my decision.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hope you get a good result and welll done for getting through what is a very stressful experience , lets us know the end result . I had a male doctor who did mine earlier in the year and i just got near to the end when he went out to get the secretary in to be present while he did the physical when after 10 mins of him being gone the secretary came in to the room followed by the doctor and told me that the interview had been terminated ( this is after a hour of being asked questions ) as it had not been recorded and i was asked to leave and it would be rescheduled , i just felt physically sick .Hope all goes well and take care x
    • Posted

Well when the reschuled one came along i made myself ill by overdosing so i was told my mental health liaison worker at hospital to cancel it as i was in hospital , the next reschuled one the team leader at my local CMHT which i was under ( still am ) got a social worker to accompany me - i am sure if it wasn't for him i would had failed the ESA assessment as the person who conducted the interview that time - i had been told by different people that she didn't write down the answers that she was given but changed the answers - she couldn't do that with a professional person with me , i passed it and i owe so much to that social worker also another social worker at the CMHT back in Feb filled out the PIP benefit form as he felt i needed it and i had a lady come to my home to do the interview and i passed that too ( i put in sick notes from feb 2014 - Xmas 2014 ) , i feel for people who didn't have the support that i had , don't have the support i had , have .the whole interview - prior and during and after it can be have a major impact on your mental health .
    • Posted

With my ESA assessment back in 2009, I failed. I had a copy of the assessors report that said that I did not and never have had any mental illness. Geee I had 14 years of evidence that I did have. I told the assessor at the time, but he decided that it wasn't worth mentioning in his report!!
    • Posted

That is the problem - i advise anyone that if you are not able to get a social worker , support worker or any other professional to accompany you then ask prior to the appointment for the interview to be recorded as that is your right , when i went to the reschuled interview we were told that the recording equipment wasn't working !! - they should make sure it is working at all times and it is bad management for it not to be sorted , i was asked if i wanted to reschule - WHAT !!! - after all the emotional damage it was doing to my mental and physical health ( i suffer anxiety where strange people , unknown surroundings , etc are concerned , closed in rooms , etc ) , i just looked at the social worker and said to the secretary ( same one as before ) that i have this gentleman so we will go ahead .I owe a lot to that SW and the Team Leader at my local CMHT who appointed him to go with me .
  • Posted

Glad it's over the waiting is terrible. Hope everything goes well for you.
  • Posted

I would be careful with the 'nice guy' act that the doctor put on, they do this a lot. They did this with me when I went to a PIP assessment, the assessor then lied about what I told her, ending up failing to get any points with PIP as a result.
    • Posted

I aint kidding myself chris i know enough to not build my hopes up. At the end of the day i either get accepted for wrag or support group or get put on jsa but if they put me on either wrag or jsa they will be in for a shock cus i cannot walk without sticks and only about 10 meters and thats with my carers help, the docter was very polite and put me at ease thats all im saying
    • Posted

Did you have your Carer with you as that would had gone in your favour , you can also appeal if the outcome doesn't go your way , i should had thought they will put you in the support group , it makes me cross the way we are treated sometimes because like i said to my Mental Health worker when he was asking me the other week about the ESA assessment and had i heard anymore from DWP , when i would need to go for another one , etc - i told him that it wasn't the matter of doing work as i said if a job came my way that suited my needs then i would had happily had gone for it but i was worried that i would be forced in to applying for jobs that were not suitable as my past jobs i had to do a lot of walking ,standing , etc which i can no longer do and i was while attending a Work Programme forced to apply for those jobs hence when i put down the physical health problems i would never hear back from possible employers . Please let us know how you get on - the result , in the meantime please take care x
  • Posted

I have. Not had my assessment yet I have been told next year.The last time I went for a medical the dr was slightly intimidating when asking questions.But when it came to the actual medical I was in that much main he told me not to bother and told me to leave.But if I am honest I am dreading the ESA medical .So any help with out it goes would be much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.