ESA ASSESMENT FORM

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on esa since May 2015 but didn't get an assesment form till September 2017 i was wondering as ive got medical history from my mental health team that I've sent of with my assesment form as i suffer from anxiety and depression would I still need a face to face assesment and would they back date it from 2015 I need help as I have learning difficulties and not to sure what's going to happen next as I've sent it off last Saturday and not to sure when they will receive it ?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Are you in one of the groups or still in assessment phase? You should have recieved an ESA50 for just after you first went onto ESA.

• Posted

How much per week ESA do you recieve? 2 years is rather a long time not to have had the ESA50 sent to you before.
  • Posted

The information you provided them will determine if they need to do a face to face assessment or not. If you just sent it Saturday I would give it a few weeks to process, they will call you once they receive it. If you don't hear anything I would contact them to follow up. 

• Posted

They don't normally call anyone once those forms have been recieved. If a mobile number was given on the form you'll recieve a text message to say they've got the form. Your file is then passed onto the assessment providers who'll decide if a face to face assessment is needed, normally it is. If so they'll write to you with an appointment date and time. You can change this only once, if you don't turn up to the assessment, your file will be returned to DWP and you'll be found fit for work. Time frames vary but for ESA it could be several months. 2 years is a very long time not be sent that ESA50 form, which is why i asked that question.

• Posted

That would make more sense... sounds like Denise15811 knows that they're talking about! Who calls anymore! wink 

• Posted

Thanks Melissa, yes i know a lot about the benefit system. I'm no expert by any means though lol. I claim both ESA and PIP myself. Exactly DWP don't often call anyone but that's probably a good thing because they scare people to death lol

• Posted

Sorry I've only just seen this they sent me the esa50 rapidly as I was ment to get one when I started my claim in 2015 I've sent my mental health medical assesment forms from the mental health team with the esa50 I sent it of Saturday just gone ?

• Posted

After 2 years, that's not rapidly lol. I'd like to say hopefully you're not waiting too long but with ESA you probably will be. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.