ESA assesment on this Thursday

Posted , 4 users are following.

I applied for ESA in Feb and now have an assesment on Thursday. Is it just like the PIP assesment I had exactly a month ago. Btw my PIP assesment took two hours and the nurse had go and check with her manager if was ok to go on after we went over an hour. The nurse seemed very friendly I must say and sympathetic to my health issues and never asked me any quesrions in an aggressive manner or to catch me out.

I am very stressed about this ESA thing

Thanks all

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

They are similar in the way they're done BUT that's it. What you have to remember is that during this assessment she'll be assessing you to do ANY type of work. If you have more evidence then take that with you. They may or may not ask you trick questions but they will certainly be watching you all the time. The criteria for ESA is different to PIP also.

How did you do for PIP, sorry if you already posted your decision but so many post i can't remember lol Good luck for this assessment. Same sort of thing afterwards as PIP, you can ring for a copy of the report.

• Posted

Hi Denise

I am still waiting for a decision. Assesment was a month ago and I received a letter last week that they now had all the information they they needed

in your experience how far off are off a decision in such a case

Thanks as always

• Posted

Sorry that my assesment took over 2 hours is that a good or bad thing normally. I have been stressing over this very point

Also happy to hear from others. Cheers

• Posted

That letter is a good thing, decisions usually come quite soon after that. If it was me i would have rang and asked if a decision has been made by now lol It's hard to tell if that length of time was good or bad, although it does seem rather long. All my assessments have been well under 1 hour. I've only ever had 1 assessment for ESA and that took just 10 minutes. My review last year was a paper based decision to keep me in support group. Try ringing DWP about that PIP. Good luck and hope it's not too much longer. Please do let us know the outcome.

• Posted

Also forgot to add my first PIP assessment was about 40 mins but my review one was about 15 mins. I guess it depends how many questions they ask.
  • Posted

Hi l had min about 3 months ago it took about a hour they are really nice and they just ask all about you and your problems on a day to day so don't worry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.