Esa assessment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all could some one give me some advice. I have been on esa at the low rate for 10months, god knows how i coped! Anyway had my esa health assessment 3 weeks ago i rang esa 1 week

Ago and told ive been put in the support group :-) will i be backdated, thanks in advance x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie, yes your ESA will be back dated from the thirteenth week where you were paid in the assessment stage, after this your rate of ESA should have been £109.20, so you will have some back pay, I know you have said ten months on the lesser rate, however I can't calculate it accurately as it depends on the weeks, but an estimated amount of £974 you should receive in back pay, it may be more depending on your circumstances and if you are income based or contribution based, if you are single or not and if you are entitled to any further disability premiums. Anyway a nice amount for you. 
    • Posted

Hi dimples 60, ive been on income based for 10months im sure, do i have to ask for the back payment hun x thank you for replying will i have to wait long for the support rate x
    • Posted

I was told i will be getting 125.00pw over phone x not received a letter yet x
  • Posted

Hi Julie,

if you don't hear anything, I would advise you to ring to ask when your back payment will go in, if they have told you it will be £125 per week,mother your back pay will more like, £1,130! However could be a little more due to the amount of weeks they owe you. It's disgusting it's taken all this time for them to make this decision. I haven't reached my 13 weeks yet, but have been assessed through health records and getting my full ESA payment in the support group in August. Good luck let me know how much back pay you get. You could have a well deserved holiday now. Take care, Dimples. Xxx

• Posted

Hi dimples60

Ill ring them tomorrow as its sunday today, thank you for replying ill let u know! Xx god knows why esa take so long to do

Health assessment baffels me xx

• Posted

Hi Julie,

just to apologise for the errors in my last message, I was really tired and didn't check the content of the message, as my iPad changes words sometimes. So mother should not have a word in the content of my message, and to be honest I Can't recall what the right word was! Never mind you got the gist of what I meant and I know you will definitely get your back pay.

If you work out the dates yourself of how many weeks from the 13th week of getting the low rate then multiply the weeks after that by £51.90 as that is the difference between the assessment stage rate and when they put you up into the correct category of ESA. I only went by the ten months as it worked out at 40 weeks when I multiplied the 10 x 4(weeks in a month) then took away 13, leaving 27 weeks, however there can be 5 weeks in some months. So you need to calculate the exact amount of weeks after the 13 week period. You should then get a more accurate figure of what they will be sending you. multiply those weeks by the extra £51.90.

all the best, dimples60, Lesley. X

• Posted

Hi dimples60

I knew what u meant i would of put jesus instead of mother :-) wow they owe me a lot how eas left me for 10months on the low rate is discusting, ive struggled way to long now, i see a treat coming on for me :-) hope i dont have to wait to long tske care will

Let you know im using a tablet maybe time to get a lap top. Have a lovely day xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.