ESA assessment

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I have a esa assessment by phone on Monday has anyone had one not sure what to expect cheers chris

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It will be the same as a face to face assessment except it's a phone call. The questions they ask you will be based on a typical day for and how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work. Length of time for the call will be anything from 10 to 90 minutes. Good luck 😃

• Posted

hi Denise thank you for the advice I have been in the support group.for over six years now same old questions I guess

• Posted

You're welcome. Yes most likely the same old thing. I also had another work capability assessment form just a few days before the lockdown was put into place. I returned it with a lot of information and evidence. Last week i had a letter saying i was kept in the Support Group, so a paper based assessment again this time. I was very thankful because my health has taken a turn for the worst in the past several months.

• Posted

hi denise sorry to hear that your health has got worse I also.have other things that have started now

I had the phone call today think it went ok about 25 minutes all in

do you know anything about the support group payment it says upto £113 when they phoned me to book the appointment the woman said that I would possibly be getting extra money I thought I was on the maximum anyway with my support group payment of £38 something I've confused myself now and probably you as well

• Posted

Thanks. Glad it went ok. You're already in the Support Group and you should be receiving the maximum amount for your circumstances.

The £113 you read is the weekly amount for New style ESA or Contributions based ESA. It doesn't include any of the disability premiums. The actual amount is £113.55.

The person that told you that on the phone, has no idea what they're talking about and they obviously didn't know you were alrready in the Support Group.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.