ESA assessment coming up

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. Got ESA assessment in fortnight. Anyone had one recently? What nasty tricks are they up to latelly.? I ask this because my last one 2 yrs ago was a farce. On reading their report afterwards thought they had me mixed up with someone else. Even described as disruptive for taking my time to answer their questions.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I suggest that if you can that you have someone it in with your assessment so you have back up where answers you give are concern when i had a ESA assessment last year despite my anxiety being really bad , my dad took me and i went into the assessment on my own , after an hour of answering the questions - i made sure i was honest in what answers i gave - giving answers on how i am on a bad day , when the doctor went out to get the secretary to sit on doing the physical checks - he was gone about 10 mins then he comes back in with the secretary - she tells me that the interview had been terminated as it had not been recorded so a new date would be sent - i was in a terrible state after so i took a overdose rather then go through it all again , while in hospital the liaison mental health worker came to see me , told me to cancel the new ESA assessment and she contacted local CMHT which i was only just been referred to to ask for someone to accompany me to next ESA assessment - was given a Social Worker , when we got to the assessment - we were told recording equipment was still not working , told her we would go ahead as i had SW - to this day i am very grateful to him as i am sure because he was there was why i passed the assessment - he was making lots of notes so no lies could be put down .
  • Posted

It is just as much a farce these days as it has ever been! Things have got to change.God knows if there will be any improvement now that IDS has gone. What difference will Crabbe make remains to be seen.
  • Posted

Right first thing is ring them up Tuesday and cancel it unless you have asked for audio tape

I had mine 2 weeks ago and you to be on you're game they will try and pick words into your mouth example "so you had a good night sleep last night then " do you read a paper get it from the local newsagents then walk there ?" Try and stay claim and answer the questions in your time not there's they will ask a normal day any Pets

All the best and ask for a copy of the interview when you get the letter

Paul

• Posted

Ok marshall71 thanks for that, last time they used the fact that i drive and used it against me, saying " it is a transferable skill for a work place" 
    • Posted

Hi. thanks for advice, rang up and got audio arranged. Well so they said. Will be turning around if it"s not. Going to the same building since1990 for boards. Industrial injury in 1982, fin work 1990 They don"t seem to understand things not going to get any better. 61 now. You would think they would leave it there. take care.
    • Posted

Great - you are entitled to a audio recording so you will have your own copy , if they "Play up" when you get there then ask for a new date to be set as it is your right ( says so in the leaflet we receive with the appointment date , etc ) . Good luck and i hope the ride is smooth at your assessment with no hassle .
  • Posted

That brings back memories!! I had my first F2F in Jan 2010. Firstly the assessor refused my wife to come in with me stating that the room was too small.

The first 15mins was OK, then he got into the questioning. Sorry to say this but he was of Asian descent and spoke poor English in a heavy asian accent. I couldn't understand a word he was saying. So I resorted to yes/no to whatever he suggested after each question. As time went on I became more and more frustrated. By the end it came very close to me losing my temper.

Anyhow I was awarded 0 points. I wrote to the DWP sending in evidence proving that I had and had mental issues for the previous 15 years and went up to the Support Group for 3 years!!

The 2nd F2F in February 2013 was totally different. I went in alone as I thought that that was normal from prior experience. I was in a bad way that day and the next thing the assessor suggested that it would help if my wife could be allowed to sit with me. All went well after that with my wife giving most of the info with me just agreeing that she was right. Result - Support Group again until June 2013 when I became 65.

So it all depends on who you get to assess you from my experience.

• Posted

Hi les59996. My first assessment was almost ended after 5mins. I happened to mention to the HCP that a cousin of mine was a nurse. They offered her a go at assessing people but after the first week of training she packed it in. On the grounds that it went against her nursing ethics and disabled people. She then said i was being disruptive and by rights should end the assessment. Any way, it carried on, some shape with not much response from me after that Then it was "ho" hop up on the bed. Any way, i refused saying it is not in my better interest. Then she said "that"s it" you can go home now and put your"e feet up.
  • Posted

they ask u if u have a wee doggie and if u have a picture of him if u have he or she will ask to see it when u show them it on your phone ,the write on your report that u could show them a picture on your phone so your fingers are fine.............crafty gits
    • Posted

not only that your fingers are fine, but that you have the mental capacity to understand and operate complicated digital equipment and assume that you take your 'wee doggie' for nice long walkies twice a day. Thus proving that your mobility is fine and that you can care for it properly. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.