ESA Assessment Doctor

Posted , 7 users are following.

I attended my ESA assessment yesterday which was a real bad day for my Fibromyalgia and I was generally in pain and suffering from Fibro Fog   My daughter accompanied me and the doctor seemed genuinley concerned for my pain....   As we left he said to my daughter that he would recommend me as going into the support group but I dont believe him.......  I was denied PIP twice after the assessor seemed ok so do they lie to your face and write something different???  Or am I being paranoid?

Wendidly

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I feel the same I am paranoid about it all I have my pip assessment just waiting to hear she was so nice I had a complete break down while I was there I was a total mess she made me feel at ease but all the story's people have told me about they lie I am worried sick. What is the support group esa.

xxx

• Posted

Hi some are really nice pip assessment I had she was great best of luck to you
  • Posted

My husbands assessment practitioner seemed "really nice" but when we got the results letter back there was endless lies which is why we appealed
    • Posted

Thats what I am afraid of    Happened with my PIP assessment.  Assessor was lovely and seemed to understand but then report sent was full of lies!!!  I wonder if they get paid more for lying?
    • Posted

My daugher told the assessor that she handled all of our budgeting decisions for example and even showed evidence of bills being paid from her account   Assessment letter says I am perfectly capable of handling complex budgeting decisons?????  You just wonder why you bother attending if what you tell them is ignored
    • Posted

Allways ask for the ascent two Be taped and get a copey as both maximise and atose lye how ever the pip cannot Be taped By atose grade a lyres But you can get a Divice and record everything and mack Shure you keep a copey the sea asments ask two get them two record it and they will give you a copey it's a Shure way off a fare asment the pip asments nearly allways turned down By atose myself I was life award Dla 2 points from Atosesuresrs reconsiderashon got 11 points 1 point off incensed rate hopefully soon this BS will stop

• Posted

oh oh you get £100 a mouth lease on pip if you were middle rate and the lower rate off DlAhas been scrapet

• Posted

I am going to be assessed for PIP at some point. I have a certificate saying I have been awarded DLA for life, but they are still assessing me for PIP.

I think you need to have access to your medical notes as evidence of your disability. Although the doctor said he would recommend you joined a support group that does not mean he thinks you are disabled enough to be awarded PIP so he is not necessarily lying.

Good luck with allthis. Take care and keep in

Sarah

• Posted

I am so stressed waiting for that envelope to come. My health as got worse since I went I have now got mineres which is awful. I don't know weather to ring and tell them.
    • Posted

Is it an appeal you are waitng for  If your condition has worsened then you can send more information to them showing that  Good luck Barbara and stay in touch lets know how you get on..  
    • Posted

My problem is that I dont actually believe that he will put me in the support group even....  So distrustful of them after having two PIP appeals refused with blatant lies told in the assessment report....  Waiting for the brown envelope to tell me to go onto JSA if I am honest!    I dont know why we supply evidence if it is going to be ignored anyhow?
    • Posted

I had my assessment for pip 2 week's ago waiting for the outcome. Reading some of these story's I don't think I will get it. Can't believe that they lie. I am so stressed about it.
    • Posted

Not worth stressing about it Barbara  It will be what it will be and you can always appeal   Fightback4justice say Appeal Appeal Appeal!!!   Keep as much evidence as you possibly can, keep a journal of your daily pain and activities ( or lack of) and if possible ask your own GP for assistance.  Good luck but dont waste time worrying  I have learned to accept what they say and then just fight on  Good luck x
    • Posted

My doctor and consultants all wrote letters. I do stress I know I shouldn't but it's part of my anxiety. Thankyou I will keep you updated.
    • Posted

I have to do all this as well.They will assess me for PIP at some point and I am having to get all my medical notes as evidence.

Fortunately I have a very supportive GP.and my Chiropodist has also said he will support me. You simply have to gather all the support you can .

I consider myself lucky that I not a worrier but I understand all this can be very stressful.

Try to look on the bright side.

Keep in touch

Sarah xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.