ESA assessment over in 15 mins....Good or bad sign?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Was only asked about how often my IBS/incontinence affected me, what difficulties I experienced because of my condition and a quick examination whilst I remained seated. She then said she had to make a call, photocopy my med list and that I should wait in the waiting room. After about 5 mins she came out, said I could go and that DWP would be in contact in 4 weeks.

Not sure how to take this? She didn't ask me if I had any new supporting evidence (which I did, but was so knocked back that it was over didn't think about it until after)

Any thoughts or experiences on quick assessments?

Thanks all x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi erykah71,

If I were you I would be preparing myself for an appeal/mandatory consideration. No way would such a short examination be going your way. Mike

• Posted

Hi erykah, I have Crohn's disease when I arrived at the assessment i went to the counter then asked to take a seat, they kept me waiting 40 mins and a bloke took me to the consultant room the other end of the building.

The actual assessment took 40 mins, i answered all their silly questions and exercises.

I got the report back and only scored 6 points for incontinence,

I'm now waiting a date for tribunal!

Hope you get the right outcome but I think Mike is right, keep us updated!

Thanks Twiglet,

• Posted

Thanks for your reply guys, I will give it until the end of the week and then call them to request a copy of the report to get myself prepared. 
    • Posted

Had mine 2 weeks ago taped and lasted 60 mins max failed the movement test does seems very odd only a short interview for ring up and complain too DWP four weeks is rubbish it's longer than that for a results
  • Posted

If I were you I would talk to ATOS. This is utterly ridiculous that they only took 15mins the assessment should take an hour.
    • Posted

I called the DWP today because I was quite concerned and the lady I spoke to (who was lovely and very helpful) said that I should try not to worry as it doesn't neccessarily mean a bad thing. She said that the assessment only lasts as long as it's needed and 20 mins to an hour is about average. She said generally assessments which end quite quickly is because the HCP has enough information to comply their report. Especially as I was very thorough on the ESA50 and submitted a lot of medical evidence. 

Gonna try to look at it as no news is good news until I hear diffrently.

Thanks anyway all for your replies

• Posted

Compile not comply redface
  • Posted

Hi guys I know how you both feel I too have went from higher rate to then lower rate asked for them to rebook at and still got lower rate but I appealed as I knew they didn't look at my claim properly nor did Atos either they had lied on it I went in December to tribunal explained to them that I had been ill and could not get a rep and also the the dwp want every bit of eve did evidence from doctors hospital ect and I said that there is a process to go through so it was ajorned till March to get this all done in went and I wonder my case they even apologised stating that I should not have been there in the 1st place in hot enhanced on both i too have incontinence problems i wear a stoma pouch I also have other conditions so if I where you I would fight them all the way
  • Posted

Just a quick update.

I haven't received any confirmation yet regarding my ESA but my fortnightly payment is higher than usual and it works out to be the support group rate.

I am so releived, it would appear that the HCP had enough information in that short assessment - Hope I get her again next week at my PIP assessment

Anyway, thanks for all of your replys

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.