ESA assessment report

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Well my assessment report arrived in the post today and i only requested it 2 days ago. Extremely nervous reading through it, couldn't stop shaking. Absolutely unbelievable, the lady who completed the assessment was as truthful and honest as she seemed. 100% complete truth and honesty reported right throughout the report. No contradictions at all.

At the end of the report states that i meet the criteria for LCWRA. For those that don't know what that is, it means a recommendation to stay in the Support Group, length of time says medium term.

I realise that this isn't the decision but with a report as good as this and the decision maker very rarely goes against the report, i really have nothing to worry about. I'm sure the decision will follow shortly as the report is with a decision maker now. I'm going to relax now and not worry about the ESA anymore. I will of course report back once the decision is final.

Thanks everyone for your support it means a lot!! xxxx

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's brilliant news and because i knew jack #### about those particular benefits i have been reading up on them and i would say that its a no brainer, is it possible that the assessor's are beginning to realise that they can only get away with misrepresentating us for so long and the times up.

I'm not saying that everyone who applies for PIP/ESA will get it because obviously that would be impossible as we know that the discriptures just want allow it.

How long do you think it will be before you get the official answer

• Posted

Thanks both. I have no idea on that one, i still hear that lots of people have nothing but lies told in their reports. I've never had a bad report for ESA or PIP. She reported i looked unwell, tired and was very pale, amongst other things.

I don't know if you've read but being placed into the Support Group isn't about scoring points. Google support group descriptors and you'll see. It's about satisfying at least one of the descriptors. For me it's not being able to walk more than 50 metres.

Length of time before i get a decision, hopefully not too long. Like i say to everyone and i'm saying it to myself too, there's no timescales. This whole re-assessment for me was very quick. I only returned the forms in the 2nd week of September. For this ESA i'm going to relax and just wait for that letter.

Now i can move onto my daughter PIP review... -rolls eyes- Here we go again lol.

• Posted

Hi Denise that's brilliant I had exactly the same as you back in July with saying medium term everything in my report was correct and accurate but my letter didn't have an end date so I called the DWP and they said it was for 18 months it would be interesting to see if they give you an end date congratulations and like you said you can relax now xx

• Posted

Thanks Sharon,

ESA doesn't have an end date and decision letters never state a time scale of the award length of time, unless you're placed into the severe conditions group and assessments are turned off. Then it will state no further assessments required.

The reason it doesn't tell you a timescale on the letter is because for ESA they can re-assess you at anytime. The reason there's no end date also is because ESA doesn't end unless you're found fit for work.

• Posted

Thanks Denise I didn't know that but can I ask you that when I called DWP they told me it was for 18 months would you know?

• Posted

That's just a guide and nothing more. They can re-assess you at anytime for ESA and this can be anytime from 3 months. Unless you're placed in the severe conditions group then it's pointless ringing for a time scale because they can send you the form before or after that time. Which is why on the decision letters it doesn't tell you the length of time.

• Posted

I am so happy for you if you know what I mean

it's a great relieve I know !!!!

relax a little now and pls don't worry like you always say

dm always go with report only very odd occasions don't but you will be fine bet you feel a weight of your shoulda xxxx

• Posted

my esa was stopped i didn't appeal as i was too depressed and upset the whole time i was in the face to face i was having a nose bleed i have some kind of blood disorder i am often very ill can i reapply for esa as i now have a printout of my bloods all 4 pages! not one is normal, as i had permission to work but it's only 11 hrs and i can't survive on that.

• Posted

It would have been much better for you to have started your own thread with your question because it gets extremely confusing when asking questions on other peoples threads.

As you were found fit for work you can't re-apply for ESA unless it's a worsening of an existing condition or for a completely new condition. When was the decision made for the ESA?

Is your area a full Universal credit area? you need to check this because if it is then it's UC you'll have to apply for and not ESA, even if your condition is worse.

• Posted

sorry didn't know i did that yes it is a new condition the decision was made in september no universal credit where i am

• Posted

As the decision was only made in September then you need to ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) yes you have 1 month but in actual fact with good reason you have 13 months to ask for the MR and then Tribunal, if that fails. They will only be able to take into consideration what you were like at the time of the assessment. A diagnosis makes no difference for ESA because it's how those conditions affect your ability to do any type of work.

I do not advise you to re-apply because there's a high chance a decision maker will refuse your new claim and you won't be paid any money until a decision's been made.

Working may or may not go against you, it depends what work you do and the reasons for your ESA claim.

Contact your local CAB, welfare rights or law centre for further advice on the MR then Tribunal if that fails and most have to take it to Tribunal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.