ESA BACK PAYMENTS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi to everyone

This is my first ever post, So be gentle with me.

My wife has just received a letter from the DWP, Stating that they need to look at her claim for ESA which she was transferred to from Incapacity Benefit.

They need to decide if she may be eligible for income related ESA from 04 May 2013.

If she is eligible she may be entitled to extra payments.

If she is entitled to extra payments, would she be eligible to have payments backdated to when she was transferred from Incapacity Benefit to ESA on 04 May 2013?

Many thanks for any help that can be given.

God bless

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It will be 1 or both of the premiums that will be added if she's entitled to them. Do you work? and do either of you receive PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care?

If they do owe her money then unfortunately they will only backdate her the money until 2014 and i think it's October 2014 but i'm not 100% sure if it is that exact month. This go for all those they owe money to that transferred from IB.

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

My wife receives PIP daily living and mobility at the higher rate.

I do not work at the moment as I care for my wife.

God bless you.

• Posted

You're welcome. Do you receive a disability benefit, DLA mid high rate care or PIP daily living?

As you don't work you should be claiming ESA as a couple, so you should be on her claim. Are you on her ESA claim?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.