ESA-Backdated Payments Amount.

Posted , 3 users are following.

After waiting a total of 26 weeks-13 weeks over the actual assessment period,i got a YES decision but...what i`ve been paid-in backdated money-is much less than i expected.i was under the impression the amount was this (support group)......13 weeks @ £109.65=£1425.45...+ 13 weeks @ £15.90-disability premium=£206.70..a total of £1632.15....this is NOT what i received.....any one help ??.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi michael,

That's great news, well done! to answer your question ESA is paid 2 weeks in arrears so i'm thinking maybe your payment is correct, so if they owe you 13 weeks it would most likely be 11 weeks that you've got paid, is this correct? The amounts above for support group are right btw.

• Posted

I'm still in the ESA assessment phase, but have been getting the disability premium you mentioned since I was awarded PIP about two months ago. In my case they backdated the premium ( plus another one which is about £15 a week) to the date my ESA started, which really confused me - although obviously I wasn't about to question the extra money!

• Posted

Those premiums are because of your PIP (daily living) award. The Severe disability Premium (SDP) is paid if no one claims Carers Allowance for you and you live alone. They're both paid along side ESA even at assessment phase smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.