Esa backdating severe disability premium.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, quick question when esa backdate money, do they only pay it out when your next esa payment is due, or can they issue backdated payments anytime?..

The last time i was paid back dated money from esa is was issued as a seperate payment but on the same day as my normal esa. is that always the case?.

Thanks.

x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I recently had my 2 year backdated esa and received a text stating 3 working days with amount being paid in. It was done separate to my regular payment this was only 6 weeks ago

• Posted

Hi lisa, That's good then. i was just wondering as the last time I got back dated esa i got it on the same day as my normal esa just in a seperate payment into my bank. 

i'll just have to check my bank everyday till it comes.

Thanks

x

• Posted

It's quite frustrating having to do that isn't it. I got a payment one day and another the following day also. They were both released at the same time but possibly my bank took longer.

Good luck x

• Posted

I think it depends on how much it is because large payments usually need to be authorised by a bod higher up so get posted at different times.

When I got my backdated ESA it was paid same day as regular payment but as a different transaction

• Posted

Ah yes probably... One payment was over 2k so maybe that's why x

• Posted

hmmmm yeah, it's just a wait and see then really isn't it.. as with everything with the dwp it's best guesses.

Thanks guys.

x

• Posted

Hi gill no it doesn't have to be paid on your ESA payment date. Obviously if they've done it the same time as putting ur ESA in then yes. But I received my back payment today and I due to receive my ESA on Thursday . x

• Posted

Yay!!! that's great, she authorised mine on friday so should go in on wednesday, i get my normal esa on thursday too, so if it the back pay doesn't go in on wednesday then i'll wait till thursday to see if it goes in with mynormal payment before ring up.. 

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.