ESA Claim/Sicknotes

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my ESA medical assessment 3 weeks ago,still waiting for an answer but....do i still need to supply sicknotes from my doctor as and when ?........and if so,where do i send them ?,the address for sicknotes appears-on some search engines-to be one of many.

Thanks.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi l waited 10weeks till l got a letter back from my esa medical. And l still had to send in my sick note to the job centre
    • Posted

Thanks....but i`ve never sent a sicknote to the JCP but always to some Freepost address........i hope i`m doing it right ?
    • Posted

Hi l posted mine and it got lost in post so l take mine to the job centre and they email it right to them and they get it right away
    • Posted

You don't need an appointment the person on the front desk dose it for you cose my daughter dose it for me as she passes the job centre when she goes to work

• Posted

Yes fit/sick notes still need to be sent until a decision has been made. If you're then found with a limited capability for work and you're placed in one of the 2 groups you won't need to send anymore fit notes. I'm not sure of the address you need to send them too, it would depend on what part of the country you are anyway i believe. Send them to where you've always sent them too or as adviced by others take it to your local JCP and they'll fax it to where it needs to go. You can also ring ESA and ask if a decision has been made. If it has they'll tell you because letters can take up to 10 working days to arrive. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Michael,

unfortunately it will be a case of needing to send in sick notes until DWP have had a final say after your assessment as to weather your money will rise or that they will drop you from the benefit, if you are really that concerned you should ring up the jobcentre and get them to advise you about the decision.

• Posted

Somewhere i have the 0800/freephone number of the actual medical assessment company as i rang them once.do you think they would know the outcome or the DWP ?.

• Posted

They should give you an answer as toweather or not you need to go for an assessment or not, but they wont be able to give much else you would need to speak with the jobcentre regarding a final outcome.
    • Posted

As you've already had your assessment 3 weeks ago your file should now have been returned to the DWP. Once this happens it's got nothing to do with whoever did your assessment. You'll need to ring DWP ESA to know of any decision, if it's been made. As someone already stated it could take weeks. Some are waiting up to 8 weeks and more for an ESA decision. It all depends on the backlog in your area.

• Posted

Thanks......i can`t undestand how a 13 week assessment can turn into 26 weeks-nearly 6 months-or longer in some cases-no wonder some people are at their wits end,the whole system needs a shake up.
    • Posted

I feel your pain Michael, I have been on the assessment rate of esa for 32 weeks with no assessment even planned yet. I agree the system needs a massive shake up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.