Esa due to end

Posted , 4 users are following.

Esa due to end awarded for 3 years I receive pip also.

What happens I've not heard anything and it ends but month my condition has not improved plz help

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Why do you think it will end? Unlike PIP it doesn't end and will continue until you're re-assessed and a decision is made. You can't and won't be re-assessed until they send you another ESA50 form. Lots of people go over the time given for ESA, myself included. I wouldn't worry about it until you do receive the ESA50 form. When you do have it then you'll need evidence to support your claim, as you did the first time.

• Posted

I was only awarded for 3 years which is up in May so will I just receive a set of forms to fill in and go from there
    • Posted

Just because you were given 3 years it doesn't mean it's finished in May. As i said your payments will continue until your next assessment and they could be longer than May. They can assess you anytime. Some have gone as much as 5 years without a re-assessment. When the time comes they'll send you more ESA50 forms like the first time.

• Posted

Really... Ive had a letter from local job centre for my return to work interview which they conduct on the phone for me. .

Thanks for replies if anyone else can give an opinion id be Very greatfull I can't believe they will just forget about me.

• Posted

Are you 100% sure this is ESA? because that's not how ESA work, i can assure you of that.

What group for ESA are you in?

• Posted

You say back to work interview? so you're in the WRAG group?

• Posted

I appreciate your replies hun but yes I had to fight for my ESA so I know it is definatly that and I was definatly awarded for 3 years through my appeal tribunal I definatly know what it is I had to fight for it long enough

I also get pip that has been awarded and awarded again after reassessment via forms

• Posted

That makes sense. Everyone in the WRAG attends these back to work interviews from time to time, some a lot more than others. The appointment you have is NOT an appointment to force you back into because you think your ESA ends in May. It's simply to prepare you to go back to work in the future. Being in the WRAG means you have a limited capability for work, this means they accept that you're not fit for work right now but think you maybe sometime in the future.

My advice still stands as i stated above. Your ESA will continue to be paid until you're re-assesed. This can be anytime from now until sometime in the future. You can NOT be found fit for work without an assessment, this means that of course your payments will continue.

They will send you the ESA50 when they think it's time for your to be re-assessed. You can also ring ESA and ask them the question but i'm not here to lie to those i advice. My advice is correct so please stop worrying, your money will not be stopped in May.

• Posted

ESA and PIP are completely different benefits. The only thing a PIP award can do to someones ESA is possibly allow them extra money on top, this is the premiums. For these it will depend on circumstances and what level of daily living PIP you receive.

I know you're worried. I claim benefits too and i know what a worry it is when we think it's time to be re-assessed. We wouldn't be "normal" if we didn't worry. Claiming these benefits when we have to be re-assessed will always be a worry.

With PIP they contact you 1 year before your award ends. For ESA it's completely different. They can re-assess you anytime they want and this can be anything from 6 months upwards. Some are given award lengths and are re-assessed well before their time, whilst others it's much longer.

Back logs have a lot to do with it. Always remember that for ESA you can't be found fit for work without w re-assessment. Unless you fail to attend an assessment and then it's completely different.

• Posted

Ok thank you I didn't think they woukd just stop my payments I was asking what would happen. So I will just try to prepare myself for the dreaded brown envelope an a possible face to face. I was just worried as I know that I will probably have to fight for it again just like the first time thank you

• Posted

You're welcome. Your first post stated your payments would stop in May. You'll have an ESA50 form to fill in and return first. You'll need to send evidence to support your claim. Most people have an assessment, as you know. If you need further advise please just ask.

I would start to gather some evidence in the meantime but if you don't get the ESA50 by May then don't worry about it, they'll most likely have backlogs.

• Posted

Thank you what sort of evidence will i need as I struggle with keeping appointments my meds are still being changed I don't always keep up with seeing my gp due to my anxiety when ive asked for letter from them they say the assessment team can contact them direct.

• Posted

No problem, anything that proves how your condition affects your ability to do any type of work. This can be a letter from your GP, letters from Support Worker, social worker, recent update to date prescription print out, a written diary from yourself. The onus is on you to send in ALL the evidence because they very rarely contact anyone for evidence.

A lot of GPs will refuse to write a letter because they think they will be contacted, this is wrong because it rarely happens. Some will also refuse because they just don't have the time to write letters to be used as evidence. You can ask your GP for any evidence that's on your medical records but there maybe a charge for this. Some GPs can charge up to £50 for this. If your GP writes a letter for you there could also be a charge for this too.

You say you claim PIP, what evidence did you send to support your claim for that?

• Posted

I don't have a social worker and I was taken to hospital in Dec with attempted suicide

• Posted

I wouldn't recommend anyone doing that because like i said they don't often contact anyone. You can get evidence as suggested by my advise above. Without evidence you do risk being found fit for work.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that. The hospital usually send letters to your GP after being admitted to hospital. I would definitely ask your GP for anything that you can use from your medical records.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.