Esa end timescale

Posted , 3 users are following.

A friend of mine as been placed in the support group untill 2018.

She wants to know what happens after this timescale wether she will have to be reassesed all over again or wether she just has to carry on claiming esa.

She is claiming for her and hubby also she is getting pip till 2020 when this ends will she have to go through the torture all over again.

Can anybody advise her plz

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn yes there will be a reassessment in 2018 Re-ESA & 2020 Re-PIP. It is the way of the world with regard to benefits as Government policy is now to keep in touch with claimants and to get updates on their illness and disabilities.

It's not all bad news I have been reassessed for both without any problem it is simply a case of having all the evidence and explanations ready in time.

Also I have noticed a shift to paper based assessments. Face to face assessments are not always cost effective and providing there hasn't been any major changes in circumstances (such as an operation) which have improved the claimant’s illness or disability then I can see more and more paper based assessments occurring.

• Posted

Thanks for that x my friend was told that once your on esa there is no end to it but i told her there would be an assesment again
    • Posted

Hi Dawn

Your correct there will ve reassesment

Ifyour friend was previously on another benefit then this may have had an indefinate award

P i p and ESA are both "tetherd" in that they have an award period

I know as i have been moved fron incapacity lifetime award to ESA (2018)

And DLA indefinate / lifetime to PIP (2026) ....(a ten year award is the highest so far as i am aware as registerr blind there would be no improvment)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.