Esa exam

Posted , 5 users are following.

Oh well d day got a doctor coming between 1 till 4 for my esa medica am in support group got some letters about my mental health but only 1 about my physical health from docs but it dosent say a lot as it was rushed coz had 2 get it on Friday coz my medical was brought forward from 18th and they rang me on Friday 2 tell me it was 2day any help here coz am stressed and I have multiple health conditions.thanks

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dru,

Answer those questions with as much detail as possible and avoid answering just a yes or no. Remember they're there to see what work you can do and not the work you can't do. Do you have anyone with you during the assessment. This will help, especially of one of the reasons you're claiming is for mental health. Sometimes they have been known not to accept evidence on the day of the assessment so don't be surprised if the person refuses to take what evidence you have. If they do refuse then you can try sending it to DWP, although it maybe rather late for that. It's always better to send all evidence with your forms. They refused to accept the extra evidence i had for my daughter, although that was for PIP but same applies.

They will of course be watching you from the minute they arrive to the minute they leave. It's rather daunting but you'll get through it. Next week you can ring DWP and ask them to send you a copy of the assessment report, this wil give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with the report. They recommendation will be written in the report. If you don't understand what is written please post here and i'll gladly tell you what it means. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise it's over was between 1 till 4 came at 10.45 he was more concerned about my mental state answered in detail about my condition showed him letters from physciatricts and social work.told him was in physciatrict unit twice for it plus had good letter from my physciatricts got chronic depression and anxiety with pts and a bit agoraphobia.my physical I told him just got letter from doc but not all my conditions were on it as it was rushed coz just got told on Friday was getting esa medical on monday so he had no time 2 go through my file as he was busy plus not long moved here and they don't know me so well.so I wrote it all down and showed the examiner and it can all b verified with my doc but he said he had some.i have chronic arthritis in neck and both shoulders. Emphysema.back problems.chronic prosititus.periphereal disease in left leg (That's a blockage in leg might lose it right leg I have calcium heamatola which I something have 2 wear a moon boot so I can't straighten and crutches. So he decided not to give me a physical exam coz of all my problems I said it's ok but he said no he was in for over an hour.so because of that I might get kept on I think I have so much problems.and no I was in myself so told him I am basically alone only moved here 2 try 2 stop smoking coz am going 2 lose leg if I don't.plus the sea air may prolong my emphysema. So what u think my chances r Denise? I have 2 go through this again for my pip.coz this has been brought about coz I applied for pip my medical 4 was on end of june brought forward to 18th April for esa then it was today.thanks

• Posted

Hi,

I'm glad you got through and it's now all done with. Unfortunately i can't tell you what your chances are Dru, you'll have to wait for the decision to know that. Being kept/placed into the Support Group is about satisfying at least 1 of those descriptors or reg 35 (special circumstances)

Your recent PIP claim wouldn't have had any affect on your ESA review because they're totally different benefits. The reason for your review would be because your time was up and a review was needed, it won't be for any other reason. Simply a coincidence that you applied for PIP and you were then sent another ESA50 form.

• Posted

Well got through it Denise but he was a doctor so he should know all my physical problems won't get better lungs and legs especially they will get wosre degenerate. So waiting game now then pip assessment but as long as I stay in the esa support group thanks Denise

• Posted

I also missed some points 2 say to him but it's stressful trying 2 remember everything but got main points through that's my seventh medical Denise the other 6 I attended in Glasgow which was only 8 miles away from where I used 2 stay. now that doc says it's Edinburgh now or gala either way it takes hours.

• Posted

wow 7 assessments eek that's ridiculous! Fingers crossed for you Dru, that you stay in the Support Group. My guess is, that you're in their with reg 35, special circumstances? That's usually the main route to Support Group for those with mental health. Please do let me know when you get that decision. Take care Dru.

• Posted

Thanks Denise don't know what reg 35 is was on just sick then ended up in hospital in physciatrict unit but filled in was form before I knew I was going in that was about 8 years ago but while I was in I phoned them 2 c about my result said not been decided yet but I told him where I was so he added it 2 my claim so was in for 3 weeks came out and letter was in from them telling me i was in support group and my money was going up I think it was nearly £50 a week very surprised coz I don't no a lot about about benefits especially support group.so is this why I am in it mental health issues? Coz I thought it was because of my physical illnesses. Sorry but really don't know.

• Posted

Aye that's my seventh in 16 years Denise since I stopped working pathetic.

• Posted

You're welcome. Reg 35 is the regulation that allows entry to the support group for people who aren’t covered by the support group descriptors, but where there would be a substantial risk to their health or someone else’s health if they were found to be capable of work-related activities. Mainly for those with mental health issues as i stated about.

• Posted

Thanks Denise but last question the doctor who just done my esa today Has just went away with my notes from my doctor which I just noticed do I need them for my pip if so how do I get them back.thanks
    • Posted

Oh dear, you should have given copies and not originals rolleyes Never ever give originals because you never do get them back. The only time you ever get to see them again is if going through a Tribunal and you'll be sent a pack with everything you sent DWP for your claim. Obviously this doesn't apply to you. I'm afraid you'll have to ask your GP for another copy of what he gave you and remember to photo copy the evidence before sending it.

• Posted

Sorry, yes you'll need evidence for your PIP claim. Have you started a claim off, or had the forms to fill in yet? If you haven't when you do have them i'd advice sending all your evidence when you send the forms back.

• Posted

Got my letters for pip Denise my sw filled in my forms sent them away also requesting a home assessment but stated waiting a report from my doctor but doctor from esa took my doctor report with him so now I have 1 from physciatricts and 1 from sw. but now none from my doctor. As esa doctor took it with him.so I have no physical evidence apart from my physciatricts who also stated my physical illnesses.so do I request it back from esa.thanks this is doing my head in.
    • Posted

Dru, you won't be able to request your evidence back from ESA because they won't return it. This is why you must always make sure you send or give copies and not the originals. It does state this on the either the forms all all the other advice information that comes with the PIP forms. 

Your GP should have a copy of the letter he gave you on your medical records, so i'd advice ringing him/her to ask if you can have another copy. Didn't your SW send your evidence with the PIP forms? Once you send evidence after the forms have been returned there's no guarantee it will be used. Yes indeed it's all very stressful.

• Posted

Thanks Denise she sent all my evidence in except my doctors report because I never had it then I only got it on Friday coz esadoctor was coming 2day. And when I told u I have had 7 medical including 2 day I went 2 look at my docs report when I first got admitted to physciatric unit I never thought it was 209 I though it was later so when I went 2 double check it the esa doc was off with it.so am no going back 2 my docs coz am fed up going down so with the evidence a.v got do u think it's enough 4 them. Thanks again when dwp put me on benefits I tend 3 throw out forms but not again

• Posted

I couldn't tell you if the evidence you have will be enough, all i can say is the more you have the better your chances of a PIP award. If all the evidence you have relates to your mental health and not your physical health then they may not award you points for anything related to that. It's possible that you could deprive yourself of the points, even though just a letter from a GP won't help massively it's something. It's up to you Dru whether you ask your GP for another copy.

When you have that PIP assessment it will be similar to the ESA one. The only difference with PIP is the descriptors are different and your fitness to work isn't included.

• Posted

Ok thanks Denise al need to get a copy thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.