ESA f2f

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have my f2f on Thursday and I'm worried. PIP face to face was bad enough (although I was awarded it) after reading up on ESA f2f it's far worse. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

The assesssments for these are fairly similar, it's just they have different criteria. ESA is about the work you CAN do and not what you can't do. They will assess your ability to do ANY type of work. Did you send in evidence to support your claim?

Also have you had a look the the descriptor for WRAG and Support Group? WRAG is about scoring points and you need at least 15 points to have a limited capability for work (LCW) or reg 29. Support Group is about satisfying at least one of the descriptors and not about scoring points, or reg 35. I can't post links here but it will be worth searching for these and having a look.

After the assessment, like with PIP you can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as mostly they go with that report.

During the assessment remember to answer all those questions with as much detail as possible and avoid answering just a yes or no. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

Sorry Bridget for interrupting the thread.

I know long time no hear, I been in and out of hospital like a yoyo! Nothing new to me!

I was wondering I am still on DLA and have been for years. I initially started on Invalidity Benefit, then Incapacity Benefit eventually ended up on Contribution-Based ESA in the Support Group.

I have not heard anything about any ESA change whatsoever, on the annual DLA Award form it mentions about PIP, but they've done that for over 2 years now.

My question to you is, does everyone have to attend a F2F to carry on claiming ESA, I have not heard nothing about mine changing or any F2F.

Regards,

• Posted

Hi Steve, Hope you're feeling a little better.

Your post confuses me a little because you mention IB then ESA and then you mention your DLA award mentions about PIP? So a little confused.

Do you mean your change over from DLA to PIP? because all the IB change overs have now been completed, a few years ago.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

I just read what I had put, it does look confusing...sorry about that.

DLA I'm on full care and mobility components. The DWP tell me every new financial year, that my DLA will be stopping, and I should apply for PIP - as of yet, I am still awaiting to receive details about PIP. I am not really bothered about that.

I used to be on Invalidity Benefit, which changed to Incapacity Benefit. Now, I was automatically changed over to Contribution-based ESA and in the Support Group. However, I see many people are having face to face interviews while they are claiming ESA. I have never had any Face-to-Face for any benefits or allowances.

So, will I ever receive a F2F while I am on ESA? If so, is there a specific period when this would happen?

Thanks..

• Posted

Hi Bridget.

My f2f for ESA was much better than PIP. The doctor listned to me. And looked at and read the new evidence i had taken. The reception staff photo copied it, so he had a copy for the file. He was really caring and gentle in his manner. And told me before leaving. That i would be staying in the support group. I know this doesn't happen very often, and it's pot luck which assessor you get. But be totally honest, and remember to rake as much evidence as you can along to the assessment. Good luck.

• Posted

My pip was a lot better than the esa f2f still fighting with was on the last appeal so going to this appeal it's in front of a jury the so called medical expert put things I never said they reckon I am fit for work when I am no we're ready my doc keeps giving me sick notes saying I am not ready for work so why won't the esa listen no wonder people commit suicide over it you are poorly and can do without the hassle

• Posted

Hi Ginger 26.

If this is goung to appesl through the courts. You will be asked various questions. There is a doctor an judge and someone independent. All will ask you questions in regsrds to how your co dition effects you. Answer honestly keep calm. And tell them if you don't understand something . I went to tribunal with my PIP as my assessor lied. I sent new evidence to the court before the appeal. Which was added to whst they already had. My representative was with me and allowed to answer some question. In fact the doctor asked my representative some questions instead of asking me. Which made it easier. Yes it is still stressful, but i was informed before leaving they awarded me high rate care and mobility for 10 years. And my money was backdated wirhin 2 weeks. Good luck and i hope all goes well for you. XxX

• Posted

Cheers friend has told me about it will see how I get on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.