ESA face to face assessment

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had my ESA face to face appt and I'm petrified, I have had my PIP face to face which I was awarded the same level as I was claiming for on DLA. I fear this is going to be a lot different. I really stressed about PIP I was a nervous wreck leading up to the appointment.  I would appreciate help or advice. Thank you. 

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI

The ESA assessmen is similar to the PIP one but the criteria is different. When they ask those questions it will be based on the work you can do and not the work you can't do. As with PIP answer all those questions with as much detail as possible and not with a yes or no. They'll be watching you from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave. If you have someone to go with you then this will help with your nerves. Hopefully you've already sent your evidence with the ESA50 form but if you didn't you can take it with you and hopefully they'll accept it. Sometimes they won't.

A few days after the assessment you can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decison will be as mostly they go with the report. Are you already in a group or still on assessment phase?

Good luck.

• Posted

No sure what you mean Denise I'm not in a group just on the assessment stage, I'm transferring from incapacity benefits. 

• Posted

It's impossible for you to be transfering from Incapacity because everyone was transfered at least 3 years ago. There's no one left that claims this now. You must be in one of the groups WRAG or Support. If you don't mind me asking how much do you claim weekly? This will tell me which group you're in.

• Posted

£109. I don't need to exaggerate I was myself at PIP but it still doesn't stop me being frightened I feel this is going to be different I'm not too good at explaining myself and because of that i waffle and say the wrong thing. 

• Posted

Hi Denise. Any pointers on what questions they will ask. I get the impression they won't be interested in my disabilities, my struggle in everyday life at home and how I can't drive due to my hand spasms also how I can't propell myself in my wheelchair due to my back surgery and the back pain 

• Posted

They will ask you questions based on what you put on the form and your ability to do any type of work. I can't be any more specific than that because everyone's different. There's no exact list of questions they ask. Not being able to drive won't help your ESA claim though, sorry.

The WRAG you'll need to score at least 15 points or reg29. For Support Group it's not about points it's about satisfying at least one of the Support Group criteria or reg 35. You can google both of these and the points scoring and list for Support Group criteria will come up. I'm unable to post links sorry.

Sorry i'm unable to help you futher but good luck.

• Posted

Hi Bridget

Don't worry just over exaggerate on everything.

Watch out for interviewer dropping pen ...to try to get you to bend .

On leaving interview they will watch you walking ...just go dead slow and stop whenever.

I am appealing and awaiting response.

• Posted

David this is the absolute worst advice you could ever give someone. Never ever exaggerate during an asssesment. Always speak the truth and nothing else. If that claimant is found out they lied then they could end up being in serious trouble. Please think before advicing.
    • Posted

Strange Denise

This what the citizens advice gave me.

Plus I'm not asking to lie.

• Posted

I'm sorry but i don't believe that CAB gave you that advice. It's the worst advice i've ever heard, sorry. Exaggerating is the same as lying in my opinion but i'm not about to argue with you so i'll say good night now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.