esa form

Posted , 4 users are following.

around a month ago my son was awarded esa , spoke to advisor on the phone and he was placed on esa and a letter was sent saying they be in touch if they need more evidence , yesterday I received a form to fill in asking the same question as before I have contacted cab to help fill in the form for my son ( oh by the way I was made appointee  a number of years ago ) my son does attend college full time and also gets dla , he also has an statement of education needs , what I was wondering what happens now  advice on what to put down thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have CAB replied?

Is it literally the same form they've sent you?

• Posted

hi ben im seeing an advisor on the 20th this month , my son form has to be in by the 6th dec , so im trying to get any advice , would you believe the job centre never in formed me about this benefit it was an afvisor @ life that deals with issues regards mental illness and does courses for students and carers
  • Posted

Hi,

A few questions first. How old is your son and do you still recieve Child Benefit and tax credits for him? I'm guessing the answer is no because he's been place on ESA. Has he been paid any money for ESA yet? Finally as you don't say how old he is does he recieve a student loan.

Once you've answered those questions i'll be able to help you fully, this will save me typing all the "ifs" if you see what i mean. I'll check your answer to this a little later.

• Posted

he,s  just turned 20 this year so child benefit   stopped in june , he full time at college with extra support if needed ,  he was placed on esa around a month ago and I sent a sick note in to support his claim , Ive got an educational needs statement which gets up dated every year which I can send in to support his claim but what I want to know is what happens now and can you give me advice I will be going to see an advisor on the 20th this month  im worried that they will try and place him on the group that has to go to interviews all the time as my son cannot cope with all the stress with having autism
    • Posted

Does he claim a student loan? Lots of people your sons age would claim this. If he does then certain student loans are classed as income and would reduce his ESA money.

As he claims DLA and he's a student then he would automatically be classed as having a limited capability for work and be put straight into the WRAG. Being in the WRAG means that he will have to attend all appointments otherwise he'll be sanctioned. They will then send him an ESA50 form to fill in and return. A face to face assessment will most likely be needed, as most people have these and a decision will be made as to whether he meets the Support group criteria or not.

Please also bear in mind that he'll soon be invited to apply for PIP because he's still on DLA. This can be anytime from now until March/April 2018.

• Posted

he hasn't got a student loan, in fact never even tried to get one I thought that was for  people on income support and as his dad works full time . im my son full time carer so I don't work and I only claim for a carers allowance , hopeful I may be able to get a part time job after   christmas all going well im hoping he,l    be placed on the support group so he doesn't get stressed with extra appointments fingers crossed.... oh I was reading your  recent discussion over pip for your daughter its a nightmare  waiting I hope everything goes okay I must admit they do like to play mind games take care x

• Posted

Student loans are nothing to do with Income Support. 99% of students have a student loan. Parents Income does affect the amount that he can claim so wouldn't be able to claim the full amount.

If you do decide to start work remember that you can't earn over £116 per week after tax and claim Carers Allowance.

Yes DWP love to play mind games. Good luck with your son's ESA claim x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.