Esa forms

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi am on esa in support group but due to pressure. I tried to work full time. And did not inform dwp as was told I could do this for a period of time which I now know was wrong,,,as I I could not cope with work due to my various condition I lasted 3  moths then had a compliance interview where I told them this..got a letter today saying a decision has been made. To reassess my claim  as a new claim from 7 July,,but rang dwp and they could not tell me anymore apart from they think they will send me a form out but was not sure,,also spoke to a expert at another place and they did not know what happens,,basically I don't know whether they will send me anything or do I have to get one,which I could not do at min as claim live as of today, ,any thoughts thanks

graham

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you were working full time for 3 months AND claiming ESA it is very likely at the least you will have to repay all of the money claimed and you claim will have been cancelled as from when you started work.

It is unlikely that they will consider criminal proceedings for benefit fraud in view of the short period and amount involved.

You were able to make a fresh claim once you finished working.

​Yes you can work whilst claiming ESA but there are very strict rules. First you must notify them BEFORE you start telling them what you intend doing.

​Then you CANNOT work for more than 16 hours a week.

• Posted

Thanks for that,,,in letter they say they have not cancelled claim and is unclear if I have to get form to claim again and when rung dwp they could not tell me anymore apart from you may get a form sent out,,,was told independently to put in new claim but can as on system still live
    • Posted

Meant ,they said have to be reassessed as a new claim but did not tell me If they are sorting it out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.