esa investigating my claim

Posted , 8 users are following.

well well well the maximus investigation team has looked into my claim and here is what they wrote to me........

dear sir although the HCP told the DWP you have a gtn spray but you dont use it, although we can hear on the audio tape you telling her that you do use it ,this could be a typing error by the HCP. it gets better although the HCP told the DWP the fall clinic gave you crutches but he doesnt use them

and although we can hear you clearly say you do use them on the audio cd

later on you said you walk round the block you did not mention your crutches so it could be interpreted that you dont use them...and although you said on the audio disk my daughter does my washing for me,...you said just before it aye my daughter does my washing the HCP could have mistakenly thought you said aye.it goes on and on lie after lie what a cover up she told them she took my blood pressure ,wich is a pure lie

the audio cd ended after 46 minutes 48 seconds in wich you hear her well ive all the information i need and i have concluded my assesment

nothing on the cd is mentioned about blood pressure ,the letter from the investigating officer said the HCP stated she took your blood pressure after the the audio recording was switched of,what a lying little git she should be sacked.that is totally unethical she should be ashemed of herself,also they agreed that although the HCP told the DWP you were observed bending to the floor and standing up again and we can hear you tell her on the audio cd you have to sit to put your shoes back on she may have observed you doing this you also said on the cd you where uncomfortable raising your arms above you head (there was nothing uncomfortable about it i told her it was extremely painful which is clear on the audio cd) she told the DWP all upper arms was fluid and pain free.what a joke when i was talking to the HCP a little girl of about twenty or so i thought she was so nice the bloody devil in disguise so im now talking my complaint to an independant source... OH iforgot to mention the HCP name is ashley brown and she works in cadoggan st glasgow

if you go for an assesment for esa always get it recorded just give them a few days notice and they will do it for you

billy

william04400

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My latest shambles with the Dwp concerns Salisbury Assessment. Centre.Having been told I was not fit to get there by my GP and needed a home visit they sent a taxi over for an uncomfortable two hour journey due to post shoulder surgery and Fibromyalgia. First off the taxi driver who came from Bournemouth over 80 miles away,the bill for the taxpayer £70, was sent to the wrong address which meant I nearly turned up too late. I got there on time to then wait 40 minutes to be seen by a nurse who says within 5 minutes you need to see a doctor but we do not have one on site so we will have to cancel your assessmemt. You will be getting a letter in the post. Two hours juggling around in the taxi for nothing. I am furious to be treated so badly. I had to arrange childcare as well!!

• Posted

Disgusting.  I have Fibromyalgia and people think I am making it all up as it is an 'invisble' illness.  Your treatment was so lacking in care for the customer !! No tonly the waste of tax payers money but the inconvenience and extra pain you have had to endure is disgraceful in this day and age.

• Posted

William, how awful for you to have your interview misinterpreted and changed to your detriment. I am glad you are chellenging it, this is so bad when you really do have a problem and it is made to look as if you are trying to fiddle the sytem.  Good luck on your claim and don't give up.

• Posted

So what is the procedure for such an investigation?  Do they need to reassess you?
  • Posted

This is most unfortunate. 

The best that an audio recording can do is to record sounds.

This was also a problem for the police over the years - there was no actual recording of what went on at the interview. 

What the assessor should have done when making an observation was to say ' for the recording,  I have just witnessed ********* bend down to the floor to put his/her shoes back on and then return to an upright standing position'.

This could well cause problems at the assessment as an argument may then develop. As is the case now for all recorded police interviews it is recorded orally AND by video feed. Using these there would be a complete record of what was said and what was witnessed by the assessor.

I doubt very much that anybody from Maximus would agree to be video recorded in an assessment.

• Posted

At the end of the day under the current circumstances, what is said to have been witnessed/observed by the assessor may or may not have happened. There is no evidence to prove it either way - it is your word against that of the assessor. It's all a question of who is more likley to be telling the truth.

• Posted

No mate the truth is on the audio cd that is why she has been caught out lying, and that is the reason I had it recorded
    • Posted

only what is said in the assessment will be recorded. Any observation made will not be.
  • Posted

Hello Billy,

thank goodness your assessment was recorded.  What is it with these so called assessors, they obviously get a kick out of lying about someone!!  I was very lucky with mine, but I have read some horrific stories about others, such as yours.

What is the procedure now? another assessment with someone else trying to discredit you.  I wish you well Billy, don't give up. 

• Posted

I would take this to Tribunal if you Dail the mandatory decision. It is do unfair that we have to wait for Md before getting to the truth. I would have thought that you will be able to submit the audio recording as well. I have just won my case against Pips through a tribunal and had to win my case against Esa through my MP, SURGEON,GP,OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST And PHYSIOTHERAPIST
    • Posted

They did the same with me for an ESA assessment - but in a more subtle way. The assessor wrote an independent report which was attached to the normal report and was for the eyes of the DWP only.

The assessor made this 'additional' report to tell the DWP what he actually thought of me from a personal point of view - (arrogant, deceitful, argumentative, awkward etc ). If it had appeared in the public record it would have discredited the whole report. 

• Posted

You would have had to sign a certificate that the recording should not be used other than for your own personal purposes. It should not be broadcast nor used at any appeal hearing. 
    • Posted

Good luck today I'm glad you won some people on this site say all sorts rubbish on here I just had a reply about my discussion on it he says yes you might have recorded itbut its still her word against yours

• Posted

That is. a ridiculous rule because that is the one reason we have to have audiio recordings to prove they are lying. I won because I proved from my accessor's written report the decision maker had swayed the descriptor points and I had already been awarded a year and a half with 16 points. But they lowered my award to 9 points, 2 more than before. From enhanced rate to standard living. I am so stressed out at the moment waiting for the DWP to decide if I am to be put into WRAG, SUPPORT Or JSA????? Where we live it is very difficult to find work as well as I am a single mother with no support.

• Posted

No, I did not say that! What I said was that any audio recording will only pick up sounds - what is being said.

Any actions, observations etc cannot be picked up on the recording. The assessor would include in the report that - I saw the claimant........

Those notes cannot be backed up with the audio recording and as such at the end of the day it comes down to who can be believed.

The only thing that you can prove with an audio recording is actually what was said.

• Posted

Why is it ridiculous. If it was to become the norm that the recordings were listened to by the Tribunal - the first hour or so would be wasted. Additionally you have to consider the fact that justice has to be seen to be done and if recordings were allowed into evidence you would have a two tier justice system - one for those that can prove via the recording that the assessor lied and another for those that can't prove a thing as no recording was made. That's getting very close to the argument that people with unlimited funds will get a better outcome (decision) as they can afford expensive support from professionals - what about those that don't have access to that level of funding - should they get a lessor award?

At a Tribunal everyone has their bit of a level playing field and so should that continue. 

• Posted

yep i know what you mean. mines said words to that affect ,she told them i was unhappy about the assesment you show me any body who goes there happy and ill show you where the end of the rainbow is, its obvious nobody is happy about being assesed especialy with these idiots......
    • Posted

listen mate

justice has to be seen to be done is a court phase (as in so the public can see a fair trial) since the HCP has stated her name and agreed the assesment is being recorded she is liable for any statements she makes to the DWP the apeals officer in wich after listning to her evidence on tape if he thinks it is inaccurate or misleading is entitled to ask for this evidence to be looked at by the appeal judge they can look at what you have said and what she has told the DWP if they find she has lied or given inaccurate evidence they can find in your favour thats why people have their assesment recorded ,she told the DWP she took my blood pressure sitting on a chair from my left arm and she gave them a reading ,she never took my blood pressure its not recorded on the cd so she lied the investigation officer wrote to me and i quote (the HCP stated she took your blood pressure after she swithed of the recording) what a load of baloney she also told them i threatened her with legal action..why would i even dream of doing that when i never even knew what her report would be .to be honest she was so nice i actually thought she would give me a favourable report.how wrong was i she gave me zero points...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.