ESA letter today.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone!

Had letter today from dwp in short, asking about my details about my migration from I. B. to iresa. they want details from jan2013 to dec2013.. The form is called ESA3(IBRD) 11/18.just wondered if anyone heard of this form as I haven't, and never had fill in this form before. Trouble is I can't remember what I wrote in my last Esa50 form. Original one of 2013. Anyway would be good to see if anyone has heard of it and what the hell it is. Many thanks. Ian.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What details are they asking for?

• Posted

Hi Jackie. Sorry bout late reply. The letter that comes with it states they need info between the dates of Jan 2013-dec2013.they want All details of my circumstances from that year and apparently Only that year. They also require a a bank statement from that year. Its just seems strange they asking for it now and I wondered if anyone else has received this form in the past. It's a new one on me, and would like to now if anyone has received it. Many thanks again Jackie. All the best. Ian.

• Posted

By the way Jackie to go into bit more detail, the questions are bit like filling in a esa50 form. If I've worked, if I live alone, do I have pension if British or ever worked in armed forces etc, etc.

• Posted

It maybe because many claimants were not on the correct ESA when the change-over took place.

I was change-over from I.B to Contribution-Based ESA is 2013. Last year, the DWP contacted me because I should have been on Income-related ESA. I ended up being paid a lot less over the years.

Eventually, they worked out and gave me a back-dated payment for over £6,600 - which is what I was owed from all the years of being on the wrong ESA.

I had contacted them previously about my ESA type, which I told was correct, so I did not do anything more. They contacted me about 2 years later stating I was probably owed a back payment, dating back to December 2013.

Just goes to prove, even when you contact them they say you are in the wrong, and they are always right. Then they checked my details again and noticed I was right in the first place. They admitted it was an "Administration Error" - nothing changes there.

SteV3.

• Posted

Hi stev3

Glad it worked out OK for you. Doesn't surprise me with the dwp. Alas, I'm pretty certain that won't be happening for me. I've always been on invome related esa after my move from I. b. and I was firstly on what they call wrag group and after 12 months was moved to support group which meant I was excused from threat of sanctions because of removing of pressure from attending continual interviews for jobs etc. Anyway thanks for replying. Believe me it has helped. Going send form off this week so I'll keep everyone informed whose interested. All the best for the future. Take care. Ian.

• Posted

Hi,

Stev3 is correct here, it's because of the underpayments when people tranferred from IB to ESA way back as far as November 2011 because that's when they're now backdating payments from. Asking for bank statements is normal and they're contacting everyone that transferred, whether they qualify or not. You never know, you maybe one of those that's owed a little money. Decisions are currently taking in excess of 12 weeks.

• Posted

Thank you Denise, much appreciated.

I actually filled in the form over the telephone, it took over 30 minutes and my hand by then was killing me (part of my nerve condition!). After that it took about 3 weeks to sort out all the backdated payments. They include all the years and weeks where you are not paid the correct amount. I ended up with 3 brown envelopes, 2 were how much had been transfered by the BACS system (they have a £5,000 limit on each amount). The 3rd letter was all the payments listing back to December 2013 when I was moved over from Invalidity Benefit to Contribution-Based ESA in the Support group.

Now, I am in the Income-Related ESA in the Support Group.

We struggled for years on the Contribution-based ESA - because my money dropped so much during the change-over from I.B.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.