esa m c result

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had esa f2f assessment and shockingly scored no points , letter said money stopped immediately go to Jc Monday look for work , as a result my mental health went down hill and I was given new meds, the report didn't contain any info I had given and how it effects me , but to make matters worse she had put things down that were lies , she said I was using my crutch on wrong side 'opposite to hip disease side 'but that's what we were instructed to do so but she continued to paint me as dishonest

During the interview I had a panic attack and was hyperventilating she told me not to shout as I was feeling anxious, yet she put I was calm at all time , I'm in my 60s and due to illness haven't worked for many years I was in support group and high rate PIP , I worked for 30 years as a nurse before my illness and never would have spoke to a patient how she spoke to and humiliated me .

So I fought back , I heard horror stories of people being humiliating and lies being told I realised I was one of many , I contacted my MP and they have drafted a strong letter to the Ministers for DWP , I wrote a 13 page letter outlining my illness and why I should have scored points and got letters from my dr and Psychiatrists and yesterday I had the best news that I won my Manditory Reconsideration, I will continue to complain on behalf of other people who may well be made to feel less than human it's nothing short of mental and psychological abuse

5 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Good for you.  It just goes to show that if you stand up to them you will come out on top. It is nothing short of bullying & scaremongering.  You went for a Manditory Reconsideration because you had nothing to lose, but when people are given the standard rate when they should have the enhanced rate they don't bother to appeal because they are afraid they will lose everything. I was awared the standard rate for PIP even though I did have the high rate for DLA. I missed out by one point. I was tempted to appeal but didn't. A bird in the hand or so they say. lol

• Posted

Good for you Angie, well done on sticking with it even though it could have pushed you over the top.  

Unfortunately Mary is right when she said that when people are given the standard rate, when they should have the enhanced rate, they don't bother to appeal because they are afraid they will lose everything.   If the assessors played by the rules and were honest, this sort of thing would not happen.

• Posted

I agree and totally get that but I lost everything got no points and report was full of lies Sukes

I know they have a job to do but the assessor was talking to me like I had committed a murder ,

She bullied me and the whole experience sent me on a downward spiral , I'm one of the lucky ones but for others they well go to a very dark place and not get out so I will do all in my power to put a stop to this abuse of vulnerable people

• Posted

It sounds like you had the assessor from hell who is obviously not afraid to bully people.  I wonder, if like you someone wins the MR, if the assessor is taken to task over the assessment and retrained, or in the case of yours, actually dismissed.  No-one should be allowed to treat a person like that. 
    • Posted

Hi Angie, How you kept your decorum must of taken some doing. Unfortunately I would of told her to leave & take her bullying tactics with her. How some of these assessors sleep at night is beyond my comprehension. The assessor I had was very polite & appeared to be quite humbling. Having said that when she arrived at my home I was more than ready for whatever she threw at me. I made it obvious I was no push over & I was then treated with the respect I deserve.

• Posted

Indeed we all have to weigh up at the end of the day whether it is wise to MR and appeal as for some they have nothing to lose where for others they are quite happy with their outcome as each individual is different as some find the stress of it too much and don't want to go through the processes of even more stress where others have nothing to lose to start with..

Well done Angie.smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.