esa medical

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive passed my pip medical and get get the higher rate,ive now got to have a esa medical when ive alreadt=y passed the pip,is this right

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes its right i had to because pip and esa are two seperate departments if you have your report from pip send it off to esa it may make them get a desicion though when i had my pip i sent the report off but was still told i had to have one. Mine were home assesments as i cant walk far hope this helps
    • Posted

Thanks for reply.bit of a joke really when the pip is ment to be harder to pass than the esa,just more stress and something else to worry about
  • Posted

Probably, iv'e just passed my pip medical and asked to be moved from esa WRAG to the support group. sent in all my paper work with a covering letter only to get another esa50 form which i filled in and re sent my document/evidence etc. they have had it all for 4 weeks now and i know it's with the scrutinizers (as they call it) so i'm waiting to find out if i have to have another medical or if they will do a paper based one.. i'm betting on me having to have yet another medical even though it they have had my paper work under scrutiny for 4 weeks and iv'e heard nothing back yet.. 

More stress i can do without. 

Good luck with yours. 

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply,they had mine for a month and I've just got it back today,just amazes me I have to go ,when I've passed the pip medical and get the higher rate.i thort the pip was harder to pass than the esa
  • Posted

Yes I do because as dawn stated, PIP and ESA are different benefits with different purposes and which are not handled by the same department.

PIP is extra financial support to help with you're disability and you can claim regardless of employment status.

ESA is basically JSA for those with disabilities, ESA examines your capability to work and if you get enough points, you will be placed in either the Work-Related Activity Group or the Support Group.

• Posted

hi jeff. Dont be surprised if your"e ESA report contradicts your"e PIP. eg, you may have pionts for mob on PIP but get 0 pionts from ESA. I got ESA assess mid April and at present waiting for my Mand Recon from PIP. But personaly i think PIP are wiating for my ESA  assessment before giving me a decision.
  • Posted

I'm almost positive that pip and esa comunicate with eachother as a week after being granted pip i got a form from esa for the severe disability element. so i'm sure i wouldn't have received that unless they knew i'd been granted pip.. but you never know with these people. A law unto themselves.
    • Posted

I get daily living component for pip and standard mobility for pip and was put in the support group for esa but when i rang pip to ask if being in the support group changes my pip allowance they said its got nothing to do with pip wether im in the support group or not as they are totally different
    • Posted

Hi Dawn. as i said i"m waiting for a Mand Recon result from PIP. Last week they told me by text that they looking at it now. So if my suspicions are wrong i may get a decision before my ESA assess date, mid April. But there again they could say no points, no change.!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.