Esa medical

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have asked for a mandatory recon for my esa as I have been in the work related group for some time but both my cpn and welfare rights said I should be in the support group, I was sent for a medical on the 3rd of June got there and they sent me home saying there wasn't enough examiners so another appointment was made for the 27th of June went and sat for an hour to be told they can't see me again as you can imagine my anxiety has been through the roof, back and forwards to my gp they have done blood tests ecg but it's all stress related has anybody been in this situation??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My opinion?  You should complain - it is not on. get hold of your MP too.

Mind you knowing how secretive and underhand ATOS are they may well be testing your ability to live under pressure??

I've never had your problem - just the run of mill lies, half truths and flawed opinion.

• Posted

They certainly don't rush themselves, i had my esa medical almost 10 weeks ago and up until last week the medical assessor hadn't even done my report yet.

I will be complaining because i'm waiting to move to a better for me house but can't until i know what's happenng.

They really do like to stress you out as much as they can.

• Posted

Hi Gill50535,

Wow that seems a long time to find out.

I really feel for you the stress is excruciating.

How did you find the Medical? What kind of

things did they ask you? I have mine on Tuesday

I am absolutely scared witless. I have had 2 chest

infections this month due to the stress.

Huge Hugs for you 😀😀

• Posted

Hi, well i got my answer this morning, i have been put in the support group. phew!!!... so my wait is now over and after a total of 9 months dealing with the DWP for esa & pip i can finally relax for a while. (i hope).

?My esa assessor was very rude & kept telling me to shut up when i was trying to explain my condition.

?I was expecting to lose mymoney altogether but thankfully i haven't. She asked me lots of questions about my condition and how i deal with it on a daily basis then did some physical examinations. it took about an hour in total.

?Good luck with yours.

x

• Posted

?My esa assessor was very rude & kept telling me to shut up when i was trying to explain my condition.

She did what??

I don't care who they are and what they are, if anybody told me that - male or female, my reply would probably have seen them walking out of the room!

Your experience sounds a bit like my first ESA assessment.

I had never met such an arogant, self opininated  Asian nurse before. After 10 mins of him trying to control the assessment and my answers/comments and lacking the decency of speaking a version of English that I could understand I let rip and open warfare was declared!! 

• Posted

Digusting but I will tell you what will happen. The mandatory reconsideration will simply agree with the original assessment.

I'm at the tribunial stage and have slightly more faith in that.

• Posted

I was the same first time I was sent home because they were running late.  Next appointment the same.   Went back again when after about 2 minutes with assessor they decided I would need to see a doctor.  When I finally got assessed Doctor was really helpful and I was put in support group. But it was so stressful leading up to it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.