esa medical/anxiety sky high/cant stand this wait!!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So i have waited for this dam assesment to be over and to go to this medical which I went to last Friday still havent heard anything?? panicking like mad (I HAVE A ANXIETY DISORDER/FIBRO/DEPRESSION) i went on internet to ask how long people have had to wait for a reply and the HIDEOUS things that i read WOW!!! now I am SCARED TO DEATH and everyday is killing me waiting. I couldnt cope if they say im fit to work because IM SO NOT! i cant even walk properly or for long because of painsad im worried that the person who seen me makes the decision as ishe only seen me for about n hr you cant make a decision on someones life in n hr???!!!!! ANYONE ELSE IN THE SAME BOAT???

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did you take loads of documentary evidence. I also have had Fibro for 8 years and had a home PIPS visit as I also have had frozen shoulder for 4 yrs. And was awarded.two years .Which then led to having surgery 5 weeks ago. I had the dreaded degrading.ATOS assessment a month before surgery.God knows why we have to have another assessment as DWP are the same people. I was told 2 days after surgery I had failed going by the previous assessment.They never considered my.surgery and even said I was a day case I was fit to work. I fought this stupid decision and finally was reinstated .When I started a new claim under change of circumstances. My.MP got involved too.THE DWP actually apologised! !!!!!!!
    • Posted

its discraceful some of the things people have told me on here how they have been treated. How are you now though have you been accepted?
  • Posted

Hi Melissa

I'm sorry you are having to wait so long, I did my esa recently and I'm onto my PIP now, I really don't think people understand the amount of stress we go through for these things and the way that effects us rolleyes you just got to hang in there and try and relax, you've done all you can. Take it easy.

Hope it goes well for you

Hugs

• Posted

i know i am ok now as i have been accepted and it has gone through. Everyone has been telling me to apply for pip like my doctor and family/friends even the woman at job centre who i used to see. it is all mad stressful and i am bad with stress as its part of my anxietydisorder i stress over nothing most of the time
    • Posted

I have already had the esa Assessment back in July so know what the procedure is. As I have just had surgery I have had to do a new claim which means another assessment.I am pretty sure I will fail as I am not incontinent but do have IBS with Fibromyalgia. I also have one arm that works. What happens to the rest if us left in the grey area recovering from shoulder surgery and not being able to work or drive? ?????????
    • Posted

Well done Melissa, at least all that stress wasn't for nothing, now you just gotta relax 😊

Take it easy

Hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.