Esa medical assesment

Posted , 3 users are following.

I used to be on middle rate dla indefinite after a medical last year to change to pip I scored 2 points and lost my case I did take it to tribunal and got it back infact I was given high rate which was a better result than I was expecting its always been for care not mobility although I was given 4 points for mobility my question is I now have another assessment soon for my esa would it be a good idea to take the tribunal papers or will it appear like I am taking things for granted and been seen as a bit cheeky, thanks in advance for any help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm afraid it wouldn't help. PIP and ESA are 2 completely different benefits with different criteria. People work and claim PIP but ESA is for those with a limited capability for work.

You will need to get other evidence. The evidence you used for your PIP claim can be sent to DWP for the ESA. Did you send evidence to support your claim?

• Posted

Thank you for the reply Denise yes I sent all evidence with the form I honestly thought I may not have to go for assessment, also do know if they are doing them yearly as I had one last year as well
  • Posted

Thank you for the reply Denise yes I sent all evidence with the form I honestly thought I may not have to go for assessment, also do know if they are doing them yearly as I had one last year as well
    • Posted

Lots of people have to have assessments, even for a review. Although a paper based assessment is more common for ESA and those in the Support Group than those in the WRAG. It would depend on the amount of evidence you sent that will determine the need for an assessment.

They can re-assess you at anytime. This is why they don't put dates on any ESA award letter. To know the length of time you would need to ring ESA when the award is given.  Time scales can be anything from 6 months + but they very often go over the dates given, especially for those in the Support Group.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.