ESA Medical Form

Posted , 4 users are following.

Returned my 2nd medical form back next day special delivery on the 6th June signed for on the 7th. Called DWP this morning to make sure that it had been loaded on to their system and have been told that nothing was showing. Gave them the tracking number date, time and who signed for it and the lady said she will put a trace on it. This form had to be in by the 13th June. Please can you advise me if they would stop my benefits if they say they can't find it. I'm really worrying now any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

The 6th of June was only last Wednesday, which is only 2 working days because weekends don't count. DWP don't work weekends. It's not classed as being there until it's reached the correct department and added onto the computer and this can take at least 7 working days. You can be found found fit for work if it's not received by the date stated yes, for failing to return the form on time. You sent it signed for delivery which will help you, if the worst does happen. Hopefully for you everything will be fine. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise just got of the phone from the DWP they have my form and it was uploaded onto their system on Wednesday 13th same day as it stated on the letter that it should be in by. I have been in the support group with extra premiums for server disability also getting mobility high rate and living component standard for 4 years review in 3. Would I have to go for another assessment for my ESA or would they do a paper base dession how long would I have to wait till I hear from them?
    • Posted

Hi,

I would say to expect another assessment for the ESA yes. Your PIP award has nothing to do with the ESA as they are totally different benefits.

Did you send in evidence with the form to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. The more relevant evidence you send the better. Each ESA review is classed as a new claim and they don't look at any evidence you sent previously. You'll continue to be paid your ESA until a decision is made and you can't be found fit for work without an assessment, whether it's a paper based one or a face to face.

Waiting times, totally depend on backlog in your area. I have no idea how long you could be waiting. I waited 5 months with my last review and i had a paper based assessment.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise yes I sent all relevant evidence letter from my doctor MRI scan reports and hospital letters. Thank you for your help and advice I will just sit tight and wait
    • Posted

That's good. No problem. Hopefully it won't be too long but don't be surprised if it's a few months or more.

• Posted

Hi Denise had my f2f assessment 2 day gor mt ESA the lady only asked me one question and then said she now has everything she needs and that she will give me a good report I was only in there for 15 minutes said I should hear between 4-6 weeks but might be longer. Do you think 15 minutes is enough time to assess me I am little concerned that I wasn't in there long enough

• Posted

Hi, 

The length of time doesn’t really mean anything. Assessments vary in length depending on the questions they ask.  No one can really tell you if it’s a good or bad thing.

You can ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you an idea what the decision will be.

Decision times vary too depending on backlog in your area. Hopefully not too long. Good luck. 

• Posted

Thanks Denise how long should I wait before asking for a copy of my report?
    • Posted

Good Morning Denise I'm not sure if you got my last message but how long should I wait before asking for a copy of the assessment report report? Thank you

• Posted

Hi,

You can ring anytime but they won’t send a copy to you until they’ve received both copies back, if you live in the UK. If you live in N. Ireland they won’t send a copy to you until after the decision is made.

• Posted

Hi Denise I live in London how long do you think it would take before they get the 2 copies how will I know when they would have received it? Sorry for going on I'm just glad that I have you for advise

• Posted

Sharon, no one can answer those questions I’m sorry. You’re just going to have to ring DWP and ask for the report to be sent to you. 
    • Posted

Hi Denise it's been 3 weeks since I had my f2f assessment for renewal of ESA would it go against me if I called the DWP on Monday and ask for a copy of the report? Thanks for your valuable advise

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

I already advised you to ring to ask for a copy to be sent to you, so it won't go against you. I wouldn't have advised you to ask for it if it went against you. Remember there's no timescales for decisions and with it being holiday time too, you maybe waiting slightly longer than any other time of the year.

• Posted

Sorry Denise I forgot that you did advise me thank you and sorry to have bothered you.
    • Posted

Hi Denise I have received a copy of my ESA report and I don't understand it and I'm hoping you will be able to explain it to me.

Under the following headings and then to the far right states:

Medical Conditions - 1

Conditions Medically Identified - 2

Medication - 2

Side effects Due to medication- 3

Descriptions of functional ability - 4

(Condition of history)

Description of the functional ability - 4

Overall evidence shows that severe disability the available evidence suggest review in the medium term.

Medical Examinations Findings

General - 30

Lower Limb - 31

Upper Limb - 32

Cardiac, Respiratory, Vascular - 33

Vision,So each,Hearing - 34

Consciousness - 35

Continence - 36

Mental State - 37

Observed Behaviour - 38

I hope you understand all of this and are able to advise me thank you

• Posted

Hi,

All that tells me is that evidence suggest review in the medium term. Does it say anything about any recommendations, such as LCW (WRAG)  or LCWRA (Support Group) or the worst of all being fit for work?

Somewhere in that report is should state a recommendation. All those numbers are just their scores for the assessment and nothing else.

• Posted

Hi Denise it states client was found to meet the criteria of Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity. Does this help you?
    • Posted

Limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA) is support group. Medium term i would say is 2 years before your next review. It's very rare for them to go against the report so fingers crossed Sharon!! Let me know please when you do have the decision...hopefully not long now.

• Posted

Thanks so much Denise will definitely let you know when I get the decision.
    • Posted

Hi Denise just called DWP regarding my ESA said that I'm still in the support group review in 18 months income related would that mean if I had any savings (not that I have a lot) would it effect any of my payment from them. So glad I haven't got to worry for the time now

• Posted

Great news Sharon. Yes any savings over £6,000 will affect income related £1 for every £250 over that amount. £16,000 and all your ESA will stop. The same rules apply to any housing benefit and council tax reduction you claim.

• Posted

Thanks Denise no I don't have that kind of money. Good luck with your assessment and thank you for all your advise over the pass couple of months your advise has very much been valuable and appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.