ESA Medical Letter Arrived Late

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone

Just received my letter today for ESA medical which was due two days ago, so now I guess I have to fight to assure them that the post arrived late. What I don't I don't understand is that I am offically medically retired with MS, in the support group. The UK government have paid my pension for 24 years now, so why a medical?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

A simple call on Monday to say you received it late and therefore posted it back late will allow you a few weeks extra. X
    • Posted

I say "weeks" as I called and explained and they said we will not cancel the claim and will note you called. X
  • Posted

Having waited a very stressful 5 months, and am not looking forward to waiting any longer. I live in Spain, nothing is simple.
  • Posted

Hi Leigh

It would appear that you have a good reason for missing the ESA medical and you shouldn't delay in contacting the DWP to explain. What is the date on the letter? You should receive at least 2 weeks’ notice. Also you state that you live in Spain so again it wouldn’t be unreasonable to claim the post takes longer to reach you.

Everyone including those in the Support Group will periodically have their claim reassessed. It was the idea of the Con/Dem Government who believed there were millions of sick & disabled people who were really fit for work.

It hasn't turned out that way and the numbers found fit for work are low and many who were found fit for work have had the decisions overturned on Appeal at a Tribunal.

The assessment is based on descriptors so research them via the net and see how many apply to you.

• Posted

Hi Anthony

The date on the letter was 30/3/16. Spanish post is renowned for being late. So I will now have to pay for a translater, bearing in mind the medical will be conducted an hours drive away (fees = 3 hours, not cheap), get all medical records/scans etc (which takes about 3 weeks, but must be up-to-date!!)

But as I say, I am officially medically retired, in receipt of a pension and P60 from the UK government.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.