esa or income support with carers allowence?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi! My partners claimes Ir.esa for us at £140 per week, work related. I have been awarded Pip both enhansed rates. Which is best with a claim for carers allowence income support or esa, any advice please.I

0 likes, 6 replies


6 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Puppy Sue

    Put your details into a benefits calculator. With your partner claiming carer allowance for you he would receive £62.10pw and there would be an additional £155.90pw Income support top up due to the fact you are in receipt of Enhanced Daily Care PIP.

    You would also qualify for full Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction. Your PIP payment of £139.75 would be in addition to the above giving you a weekly income of £62.10 + £155.90 + £139.75 = £357.75pw

  • Posted

    Thankyou very much for taking the time to give me such a detailed reply. Im bowled over !!

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up