ESA/PIP on BBC iPlayer

Posted , 7 users are following.

There's a program on BBC I player about esa/pip and the assessors, it's a bit of an eye opener.

This may answer some of your questions about claiming.

Thanks

Neil

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

thanks for that, but unfortunately I can't afford the iPlayer.

• Posted

have you got a smart phone, just download the iplayer, it will sometimes say have you got a tv license just say that you (if you  have)
    • Posted

Gordon Bennett. I never thought of that. thanks very much for that Michelle, I'll try that. thanks again, take care. Ivan.

• Posted

You're welcome, That's what I do on my smart phone or tablet lol, you too

• Posted

What is the title of the programme,  

• Posted

Sorry all it's on 'Week in week out'

• Posted

I watched it 2 days ago on my laptop, the documentary was from Wales. 

It's a scandal should be shown on every channal.

• Posted

From what I saw of it it is nothing more than bemoaning of the demise of DLA.

?Yes there are many that have had DLA for years but you have to remember that the criteria to get the DLA award is totally different to that of PIP.

?It seems to be a case of 'it's not fair, I have had DLA for 20 years and my award was for life/indefinite yet I have now been down graded/lost it all'.

I agree PIP is unfair in the way it is assessed, but that is the reality.

?Where are the claimants that couldn't get DLA yet are given a substantial PIP award?

?The programme is very much one sided and it does not give a balanced view/opinion.

• Posted

I agree les ppl I know seem to think because they were awarded dla years ago when the rules were lax that they are entitled to pip regardless....i agree the process is unfair at times but it needed an over haul I know I'm lucky my whole process took 11 weeks and I was successful but I like many others would rather be doing the job ive loved for 22 years rather than claiming benefits x

• Posted

I agree, I have even read that people are objecting to having to fill out the PIP claim from and have a face to face assessment! They are of the opinion that they should just transfer over from DLA to PIP regardless on the same rates because they had a for life/indefinite DLA award.

?The process is certainly unfair and inflexible. I found that out to my own detriment!

?I too would love to be back where I was before all of the aftermath landed on me.

?All of my problems started back in 95 with me being gunned down and whacked across the back of the head with a baseball bat. From 95 to 04 I hit the bottle big time on top of all of my medication to try and blot out the mental health problems. All that happened is that in 04 I developed an alcoholics nightmare - Chronic Pancreatitis and everything that that brought to the table with it.

?Would I do the same again - not likely, I would do what everyone else did  - pretend it isn't happening and walk away. 

• Posted

That's awful les many would have walked away....i know how painful pancreatitis can be ive seen first hand on the ward what it does to ppl 😐 x

• Posted

They all did - either that or hide in doorways.

?No one came to help me try to stop the robbery - I went up against two of them. It was the handgun that I had to remove for everyone's safety including mine. Unfortunately the crack to the back of the head put me on the floor and as I looked up the guy with the handgun who was stood over me fired - after that I don't remember a thing.

• Posted

As for Chronic Pancreatitis yes it's a damned awful disease. However I blame myself for getting it.

?People who have never seen what it does have no idea what it entails. The only people who believe that it is nothing worse than having a bit of constipation is the DWP - hence why I have always had difficulties in getting any benefit because of it - DLA, ESA and now Attendance Allowance.

?On top of that they always decide that the mental and physical effects of the robbery/shooting as well as the damage to the upper and lower spine are of a level that don't require assistance or help from another person.

• Posted

A bit of constipation??...jesus I have seen some awful sites of people who have it its an awful disease and yes its self inflicted but who are we to judge people we don't know what goes on in ppls lives...its easy for others to say stop drinking 😏 but if your trying to block out things its easier said than done

• Posted

Well I have it from the horses mouth - well the assessors report actually. The assessor actually suggested that CP and what comes with it is broadly similar to common constipation which in it'self is not accepted as being capable of requiring any level of support or attention from another person.

• Posted

After that I gave up appealing/claiming DLA for 7 years until late 2011 as it was clear that no one was prepared to believe me. 
    • Posted

Clearly they have no understanding of the disease....how on earth can they get away with saying its no more than constipation 😏 and requires no care....try telling that to our ward!! 😐 quarter of our admissions are pancreatitis /alcohol liver disease patients who believe me need care...and not just two sennas

• Posted

I agree but what can you do?

?I am posting my latest Attendance Allowance claim off on Monday morning so hoping somewhere down the line someone has some understanding how CP affects someone.

?Mind you to be really honest I don't care what the result is. For me to chill out I just take an extra 10mg of MST and 15ml of Oramorph and sit down as the warm feeling eventually comes over me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.