ESA price rise?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all.

Sorry bout slightly sarcastic title.

Just a quick question for any ESA claimants. Had letter yesterday morning out the blue from you know who, (DWP at Belfast), informing me my ESA support group allowance is going up in November.Just wondering if anyone has had similar letter? As an afterthought whilst typing this, I thought Belfast centre was supposed to be closing down or have I dreamt it? Just wondered.

Thanks anyway. Ian

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ian,

I'm not sure why you got that letter. ESA rates are remaining the same this year as last year. Maybe you were paying back a loan or something?

• Posted

Hello Denise.

Nice to read your post again.

As far as I know I've never had pay any money back, reading back what I wrote I don't think I explained it fully. Letter says current rate is £125/week, and the increase is £10 a week in November. Dunno if that means anything to you. But it was 1st i heard of it. Cheers anyway. (Like I said glad you're still with us.

• Posted

Thanks Ian. Now you say i remember someone else asking the same question a few weeks ago but can't remember who or where. ESA hasn't increased and it certainly would in November. Really confused about that. I claim ESA Support Group and have had no letter about a £10 increase. Was this November 2016 or this year?

• Posted

Letter came yesterday. Informing me my money is £125.50 a week. Which is correct. That's what I'm getting now. Then on next page, tells me it's rising to £135 in November of THIS year. Shoved letter in draw and thought nowt of it till started pondering over it last night eating my sausage sandwich. Hope that makes sense...The letter I mean, not the sandwich.

• Posted

For this first time ever i'm stumped on that one lol I haven't had a letter about that. Quite a long time in advance to send letters out if that's the case. Glad you ate the sandwich and not the letter Ian :P hope you enjoyed it smile

• Posted

Well, it's got me thinking. If its right I'll treat myself to bacon as well sausage. Can't say I'm much for the taste of paper myself...Then again....

• Posted

haha funny :P i was just looking online at benefit rates page for disabled people. No where on there does it state this £10 increase in November. It just states a small increase in April this year. It gives the rates for 2016/2017 and 2017/2018.

• Posted

Ok just read that Enhanced disability Premium will increase from April from £1.75 to £15.90, along with Severe Disability Premium from £61.85 to £62.45 for those who claim it. Increases usually happen in April and not November. Anything else with Support group remains the same. PIP has also been increased from April.

• Posted

Hi Denise I'm in the support group and on e s a does the money go up

• Posted

There's an increase of 15p for Enhanced disability and 60p for Severe disability from April. Those that don't claim SDP will have an increase of 15p per week. Don't spend it all at once wink

• Posted

Is that,a mistake or is the enhanced PIP going from £1.75 to £15.90? or have I got it wrong?

• Posted

It should read £15.75 to £15.90

• Posted

And it's not PIP this thread is about ESA.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.