Esa re assesment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all went for re assesment last week still not heard anything even tho nurse told me she would be suggesting support group for 18 mths but id like to know if the decision from dwp dm is a no for esa and i wish to push my claim further as i have more medication my illness s have worsened since i was in support group for the last 18 mths and also had parent with me who answered for me as i couldnt and also my doctor wrote a letter to them with my illness s and faecal incontinence also was asked if any dark thoughts etc and the week before i tried taking my life but parent caught me which was all told to nurse in assesment. But if the decision comes back no how do i fight the decision and will i be paid anything at all whilst getting decision reviewed? Thank you so worried at this time

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Decisions can take a while depending on where in the country you are. The best thing you can do is try to relax, hard i know. There's nothing you can do until you know what the decision is. No point in thinking of the "what ifs" yet because you just dont know.

• Posted

Im in south wales and yes i suppose your absolutely correct and yes very hard to relax but thank you for your words the replies mean a lot to actually talk to people thank you denise.
  • Posted

Hi Matthew

If someone is found 'fit for work' then they will be invited to apply for JSA whilst their ESA claim goes through the appeals process.

It is hard to believe you will end up in that situation given the information you have provided. You obviously suffer with a serious Mental Health condition. In years gone by someone in your position would have been 'signed off' on the sick forgotten and spent years claiming the old Invalidity Benefit.

In 2010 the new Con/Dem Government set out to change all that. In the first instance they made a right balls up of it and it has taken until now for them to start taking MH with a small amount of seriousness.

Trying to look at it from the HCP/DWP view they don’t know if your MH is permanent and it is perfectly possible you could make some kind of recovery especially if you have new medication.

Therefore they have given you an 18 month award in the Support Group that way you can concentrate on getting better without any hassle of job seeking as you would in the Work Related Activity Group. You will be reassessed in the in the future but if you have not improved then your claim will be extended.

So it is important for you to keep in touch with your GP and let him know how things are going.

• Posted

You will be reassessed in the in the future but if you have not improved then your claim will be extended.

EErrrr extended Anthony?

Is this a new idea (the revised thinking about long term conditions not yet applying)?

?I though that at the end of each ESA 'term' you had to fill out another ESA50, submit evidence and possibly go for another face to face? That was my experience as recently as early 2013.

• Posted

forgot to add - oh my memory!

?With each re-assessment that you mention, the results can vary between 0 points - claim JSA, Work Group or Support Group. What you had received previously had no bearing on what you were awarded on re-assessment. There is no - 'the claim will be extended' unless things have changed dramatically.

• Posted

Les if he passes any future assessment then yes the claim will be extended, pretty dam obvious.
    • Posted

Stop being petty Les we all know what I mean. Your replies are of no help to anyone so unless you have something which is positive can just leave it and allow those willing to help to get on with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.