esa stopped and have to sigh on job seekers and made to lie

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had an tkr 5 months ago ,all fine and well , now im going to have a second ykr within the next few weeks ,again no worries with that ,my problem is that my esa had been stopped ,they say im fit for work even though i cant walk about much due to the pain in my bad knee ,so i have two knees one in recovery and the other very painfull ,too painfull to walk a distance or even drive to long, but also having to keep moving so i dont get too stiff,and still build up those knee muscles in both , im also depressed , more drugs . any how ive been told to sigh on job seekers , which means i need to look for work , i dont need to look for work as i do have a full time job still open to me , when i told them this i was told to play the game, this means having to lie , i really think this is wrong ,has any one had this ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie, all this seems really unfair? I'm just about to go down the route of claiming ESA as my SSP has just run out (forms actually came today) after reading your comment I don't hold out much hope? I'm still employed at the moment but my SSP ran out on Monday of this week, I've been told I have to take my last sick note into my local Jobcentre that's dealing with my claim? I've had both knees done over the past 4 years (the left one twice) & I'm now due in on August 1st to have my left hip replaced followed by the right hip within 3 months & then both knees done again as the new joints are loose & unstable again? I suffer with the same symptoms your describing & can't sit or stand for any length of time without everything seizing up & driving is also a nightmare as when I get to where I'm going I can't get out of the car at the other end, would it be worth appealing against the decision as I had the same problem 5 years ago when I failed a medical with Atos Healthcare & I actually won my appeal, but would you believe I got the letter 2 days after going back to work for my old company, it's worth a try? Good luck & I hope your nect op goes well 😉
    • Posted

wow tom and i thought i was bad , we today i got a call from the job center and guess what i cant claim because i have a job . ive spoken to my doc who said that there not required by law to ask for any more info about me but they will suport me with wrighting a letter as will the consultant ,the doc said that they are a law to them selfs and done need more than a sick note ,so watch this space , talking with other s it seems that atos do this with most new claims and no one has said they lost their appeal, the people who make the decision are nurses etc but cant make a correct decision without seeing records and med notes. do you remember how long it all took to get sorted out ? good luck with your hip smile
    • Posted

Hi again Debbie, don't know what to say to you about all this, totally confusing? I know Atos have got a really bad reputation especially after an undercover documentary a couple of years ago on the tele, it seems they have to reject a certain percentage of claims to fit in with government legislation (not good if you're the one making a claim though?) I took my sick note to my local Jobcentre earlier as I was told to do with the information form that came with the forms, & would you believe the woman I saw said I needed to send it to Cosham where all new claims are dealt with? They certainly don't make things easy for anyone, I then showed her the paperwork I'd filled in along with the piece of paper telling me to take my sick note into my local office, she told me it was totally the wrong form & showed me the form she said I should have filled in, same bludy form except for the colour, after a stare off she said she would make sure it all got sent to Cosham through the internal post system & threw it in a tray (most probably won't ever get there now?) makes me laugh when you hear all these reports about the millions of pounds that go unclaimed each year, now you know why? Please keep me posted with how things proceed, it'll make interesting reading, hope you sort something out? Good luck 😄
    • Posted

your right tom , they do have to keep the pile down so pushing people from one to the other , did speak to some one yesterday who said there giving toy the wrong info i knoe i will get it back ,my gp is not happy about it and the stress it caused, will keep you posted thanks tom 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.