Esa support group

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can anyone help I was in the wrag for a year then I appealed as I was told to by my physiologist and I had to have another medical I rang up last week to be told I had been put in the support group (thank goodness) but still hadn't received a letter so I rang to see where my letter was... They said it was still at decision maker for them to finalise?? And to see what payments I will receive?? Does this mean I will get back dated money it just makes no sense to me and they don't explain things very well??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

The only thing I can tell you is that I was put in the support group from the wrag and only found out because they put money  in my bank today and they told me it was arrears from being put in the support group.

I have not had a letter to tell me anything as yet

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply how long did you have to wait if you dont mind me asking?
    • Posted

It was 4 months from having the claim form to being told today I have been put in the support group, I don't know if that money was back pay or not , they just said it was arrears.

• Posted

It's a joke the way they treat us glad you have finally been paid though and arrears sounds as though it's back pay what you are owed ??

• Posted

Yeah I think so I will probably get a letter at some point .

all you can do really is keep ringing , which is something that usually takes me half an hour to get to talk to them , or just wait for the letter.  

Hope you get some answers soon

• Posted

Hi linzi, you will get it backdated to the date you appealed it i would imagine.

But don't quote me on it.

Good luck though and well done for support group.

x

• Posted

that's a new one on me. if you are in wrag do you seriously think a phone call is going to put you in support group? why didn't someone tell me that. have you filled any forms in. seems by your post you not filled form E50 form for esa. if you haven't ring jc+ again and ask for the form.

• Posted

Hi you must of read my post wrong as I stated I had another medical my decision was made from my forms and medical I rang up for a decision and it had been made so they told me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.