esa support group

Posted , 8 users are following.

ive been placed in support group and am now getting 125.05 week im claming housing benifit  with is new amount they wont withdraw housing benift from me will they mean altoghether aprite reply back i have reported it online

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Because HB is means tested it will all depend on your total income and whether you are single etc,
  • Posted

I am assuming your in the ESA support group.if you are you will be getting full housing benefit. While you remain in the support group. Just because you are placed in support group, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll stay in that group. Your circumstances could change in the future. If they do you'll be moved to the ESA wrag group. If you do get moved in the future to the wrag group,your money would drop in line with the ESA wrag guidelines. Meaning your money goes down and you'd pay a small amount towards your rent.wether you stay on support group apparently depends on the DWP. Hope that helps. All the best.

• Posted

Housing Benefit would totally depend on what the circumstances are. If Morag is on Income Related ESA then housing benefit would be paid in full regardless of what ESA group a person is in.
    • Posted

That's correct only bedroom tax wasn't the question which is why i didn't mention it.

• Posted

If you are in the support group the benefit you receive is the amount the Government says you need to live on.  In which case your HB amount won't change,  unless other circumstances have,  x

• Posted

Thats good news best thing to dp is take award letter tp housing

Can i ask did you have a ftf or a paperbased assessment and how long did it take for dwp to get bk to you regards x

• Posted

Did you have a paperbased assessment or did you jave a ftf medical assessment
    • Posted

F2f first time and paper based decision 2nd time. No idea how long as it was over 3 years ago when i had that assessment. I did answer your question. I said it depends where you are in the country. There really isn't a time it can vary from weeks to even a couple of months, everyone is different. Ring and ask if a decision has been made.

• Posted

they finally sorted me sdp out i get payment tommorw of 200 then guy at dwp told me that the arrears from when i claimed pip be sorted out when they get paper work never going to let noone us my adrees as co again
  • Posted

Soz u didnt answer my question how lomg from assessment to getting the brown envelope
    • Posted

i didnt have assment theyatamatlyput me in support group sorry for speling mistakes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.