ESA support group and moving home.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks.

I'm on ESA support group and live on 1st floor in block of flats. NO lifts! Only stairs. I've been offered 1st floor flat with believe it or not my own personal stairlift. my new flat is sectioned off from rest of flats hence the stairliftmy, which noone has access to, only me. If I decide to take the flat, would I have to inform DWP of a change in personal circumstances? I'm aware I'm obliged to inform them of change of address obviously?, but where do I stand as regards the stairlift? Would they say because of the lift I now have easier access to the outside. Also u.c. is coming to our area. Is it possible they could move me straight from ESA income related support to UC? If so where would I stand with my new flat then, as at moment don't pay rent,but will have pay small amount as new flat has extra bedroom.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

No you wouldn't have to contact them regarding change of circumstances because everything else is the same. The only difference is you're moving home. This would not go against you in any way. I moved home a few months ago and it was just a case of a change of address. If they do contact you with another ESA50 after you told them your new address it would be just a pure coinsidence and nothing more. You wouldn't be moved onto UC either, you'd remain on ESA. Bedroom tax yes, but quite simply that's it.Good luck with the move.

• Posted

phew!

hi Denise. was hoping you'd respond to my post. wasn't 100 per cent sure about the stairlift matter. strange affair. not heard of it before. anyways thanks for that. look forward to moving now..if can get some one cheap do it for me.🐵 take care. Ian.

• Posted

You're welcome Ian! Try man with a van they're very good and cheap too. I used them for my recent move.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.