ESA time....

Posted , 14 users are following.

Well the postman delivered me a lovely letter earlier this afternoon, another ESA50 form. Re-assessment time again rolleyes I've been expecting it for sometime but it still made my heart sink when i opened it. Armed with my knowledge i'm not even going to ask a disability advice centre for help filling it in because it's time and effect that i just can't deal with right now. Besides they made such a mess with my daughters PIP forms, i just don't trust anyone.  I'll fill it in myself, send my evidence with it and hope for the best. Been in the support group for the last 6 years or so. Wish me luck please everyone!! I must admit out of ESA and PIP, ESA is the one i dread the most! Oh well, it had to happen sooner or later. Love to all.

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wishing you lots of luck with your reassessment, Denise and fingers crossed for a paper based decision. Out of interest, how long has it been since your last assessment. I was put in the support group after a paper based decision last August. The medical person had recommended I be put in the WRAG and be reviewed in 1 year ( ie now), but the DWP put me in the support group instead, after I pointed out that 1 month previously, I had been awarded enhanced PIP, for both elements, including not being able to walk more than 20 metres. Given that the support group descriptor 1 is about not being able to walk more than 50 metres, I was amazed at the medical recommendation! I have been getting really anxious as I expected to have the new ESA50 form by now, but recently spoke to a friend who said people in the support group tend to get the forms much later than the recommended reassessment dates. What has your experience been with this?
    • Posted

Thanks. The last time i had these forms was 2 years ago. Times vary for everyone in the Support Group. They can actually re-assess you at anytime. I've always gone over my my time. Some are reviewed in just 6 months, while others haven't been contacted for 4 years or more. The first time i went 4 years with no contact. ESA is and always will be my worst nightmare.

That's the reason i've been in the Support Group since my first assessment and what i'll be basing my form on again this time. I also have an Enhanced mobility PIP award and i'll be sending my PIP report and award letter with this form to go with all my other evidence. They can't tell me i can walk more than 50 metres when i have a PIP award that clearly states i can't. Don't know if it will be a paper assessment again this time, but i sure hope it is.

• Posted

@denise15811  Dear Denise,

I do feel for you, when I had to retire from work ( a job I loved) because of an injured spine, I was plagued with brown envelopes coming through our door.  About once per fortnight I had to attend medicals, these would put me in bed and I would just be recovering when off I had to go again.  I got to the point where I told them that I could not possibly attend a centre and if they wanted to examine me, they must come to my home, which much to my surprise some retired doctor would.  It was a completely different system in those days.  I was turned down once, I was so angry, I wrote to the DLA and told them they could stuff their allowances if they could guarantee my capacity to walk could be returned.  Guess what, I got the allowance and was told that I would never have to attend another medical.  I have always treated people with respect and good manners, but on this occasion, I just lost my temper and for once it paid off, I could barely walk and spent most of my time in bed because of the crippling back pain.  I hope that all goes well for you, I admire the way that you are always there to help.  Take care,  MaryLip

• Posted

Thanks Mary,

Well done for standing up for yourself at the time. I never claimed either of the incapacity or DLA.

I'll try not to stress! easier said than done i know. I expected it but hoped it wouldn't arrive and hoped even more that they'd forget about me...chance will be a fine thing! There's always something in life to stress about, if it's not DWP it's something else. Next thing i'll be having my daughters PIP renewal forms through the door....yay! Don't you just love the DWP?? NOT! I have a headache thinking about it. I may know the benefits system very well but that still doesn't make it an easy ride.

As for helping others here, i probably always be here. I know there's a couple of posters that would hunt me down if ran away -coughs- mentions no names of course lol

Take care Mary and thanks for the kind words! xx

• Posted

Thank you, Denise, I have only stated the truth.  I think I lost my temper because a man who was on every benefit possible, used to chop down trees for extra money.  I wouldn't have dreamt of reporting him, but that particular day, I saw him drive merrily passed our house with a lorry full of trees.  That did it. LOL.

• Posted

Good luck Denise, just remember all the good advice you have given other people, and hopefully they'll see sense and keep you in the support group, best wishes, Newburyrat

• Posted

I use too get assessed every 6 months but now it's every 2 years. now and pip is a waste of time. My first assessment I got 8 points for care and 4 for mobility and my last assessment I only got 2 for care and nothing for mobility. Can't see why as my symptoms are the Same

• Posted

Good luck Denise, hope you get it sorted and get put back in the support group. Thanks Twiglet,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.