esa to pip

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

We are a couple in Receipt of ESA income related and support group and universal credit is not in our area yet.We are thinking of moving to Scotland in august and universal credit is in that area, my question is that the dwp says when  universal credit get introduced it is only new claims at first, but because we move to an area where it is active, will we be forced to claim universal credit or will our esa continue as there is no change of circumstance in our claim, will we still get housing benefit?

thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

As you're already claiming ESA i highly doubt that moving area would affect you. Everyone will eventually be transfered over to univeral credit but for those already in payment of ESA then this is a long way off. All you need to do when you move is to ring them and give them your new address, it won't affect your claim at all.  Housing benefit will also be the same as it is now but abviously you'll need to end the claim for this where you are now and reclaim in your new area once you've moved. Unsure what your title for your post is about though ESA to PIP? PIP is Personnal Independence Payments (replaced DLA) Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks, i did mean to say universal credit and not pip lol, not sure i change this lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.