ESA WCA

Posted , 2 users are following.

My sister has a chronic enduring severe psychotic disorder. She has had problems ever since I can remember but was diagnosed 23 years ago. She is currently on ESA support group and PIP enhanced both rates. She has never had a medical because the psychiatric team who look after her supply very strong medical evidence and explain she cannot have a medical as it would be detrimental to her mental state. She cannot cope with a medical at all. 

We are hoping she will qualify under the Severe conditions criteria as her CPN thinks she should meet the requirements. Sorry to go on a bit but I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation and if there is anything else we should be doing?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I can tell you that the new criteria is that a claimant has to tick all 5 boxes and a decision won't be made until after their next re-assessment. The criteria only came out 3 weeks ago and my thoughts are there isn't anyone that has this life time award yet.

When her next re-assessment date comes just send the evidence like always and take it from their. The assessment providers make all relivant enquiries to Consultants, GPs etc as well as the evidence that a claimant sends in. Until she's sent another ESA50 form for re-assessment there's nothing else you can do. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks Denise. I used to be a legal advisor and I’m the worst case scenario,my sister’s MP will get involved and we will ask for a paper assessment as a reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act. I don’t think it’s legal to cause someone distress or harm. I hope it won’t come to that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.