ESA - WON 2 TRIBUNALS . GOT HAVE ANOTHER ASSESSMENT

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys . i have a serious heart condition (obstructive hypertrophic cardio manopothy) i have won 2 tribunals now and the last time i went to one they actually said i shouldent even have been there and awarded me the highest esa rate. now ive been asked to have another assessment its really stressing me out and its not good for my health , the last time i went they said that the esa board are wasting there time and mine also . what should i do ? i have a form to fill out before having a face to face assessment ? thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jay,

Have they stated which ESA you have been granted? Are you in the Support Group, if not this requires changing and they will not ask you to attend assessments in the future.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

hi les , i rung them this morning and stated what you said but apprenty they said i am in the support group but still have to be re-assed its a long term benefit .. abit of a dilema really . thank you for your reply
    • Posted

they said 'Its not a long term benefit'
    • Posted

Jay

Me again sorry!! I was told I'd got DLA for life now thanks to Cameron I'm being reassessed! And it said on the form this does not mean life as in the past! I'm furious and it's time people like you and I were given a bloody break sorry for the swearing! I just get so mad there's a family who all get top rate DLA for being druggies and drunks its people like them who this goverment should target not us! That speech Cameron made about his late son was pathetic purely because he didn't tell everyone that his son got 24hr private health care I've been given 19 and a half hours a week and I'm being reassessed to try to get more hours that's why I hate Cameron he could afford his late sons treatment I can't sorry for going on just makes me mad maria

• Posted

For as long as I can remember ESA and its predessor IB have never been a benefit that once you qualify - you continue to to be paid until you tell them that you are much improved. ESA does and has to be a benefit that regularly assesses people. The alternative as I mentioned above is to allow folk to contact the DWP to tell them that they no longer qualify as they are no longer sick. I seriously wonder how many would actually volunteer that information?
    • Posted

DLA in it's early days did make some awards 'for life', this is much the same as IIDB. However, that disappeared a long time ago. 'For Life' now means 'Indefinite' that is, for as long as the DWP allow before they want to reassess.

DLA is now winding down with PIP taking over. DLA was costing the taxpayers far too much money generally not because that there are more disabled people, but because the boundaries of the benefit had been stretched by the courts to take the definition of 'disabled' beyond what DLA was intended for. 

To save money PIP was set up to pay out only 80% of what was being paid out as DLA.

As for complaining about Cameron. Many people have access to 24/7 private care generally through an insurance policy or through the goodwill of their employer.

In fact all civil servants have the option for such private medical care for just a few pence a month.

• Posted

Hi jay

I am seriously ill myself my friend who has cancer plus 2 heart attacks and a list of many other health problems he has been told he's got to go on the 30th Dec on top of that I have had to fill out my pip form

I suffer depression as well as cp renal failure and other medical problems no matter how many times people tell you not to worry I find it makes me worse try n hang in there and I hope you win your case this goverment should hang there heads in shame there are many who play the system that's why we get punished good luck

• Posted

thank you for your reply angelmate , i know its rediculous , i think im gonna go to citizens advice and see if i can write a letter with my form when sending it back , this puts alot of stress on my heart , this gouverment is disgusting 
    • Posted

Hi jay

Listen love you wouldn't be human if you didn't worry Cameron n his bunch of morons should go after all the illegals and da scammers and take a look at how we've got to manage on the pittance they expect us to live on it makes my blood boil I had a lady from my housing association who helped me fill out my form for pip if you go to c.a.b they are great if you are with a housing association like me they have someone who help with debts and benefits da lady who came to my home took two hours to fill out my form and I'll be honest I'm dreading da day when I go for a medical the lady who helped me put on the form if this lady needs a medical then send a doctor so like you I'm very stressed! I used to be a nurse so I know all about your illness hang in there and I'll say a prayer for you maria

• Posted

There are those fortunate enough to be offered help, there are those that know where to find the help and there are those like myself that know that they need help but there is none available.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.