Esa work reassessment time?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. Sorry if this isn't in the right place. I went for an assessment for my Esa 3 weeks ago and just got my decision letter. I was put back in the work related activity group BUT they have recommended that I go for another medical assessment in 3 months? The woman on the phone says that she has never heard of such a short period as it's usually 1, 2 or 3 years. I've been on Esa for 7 years for anxiety and depression and memory loss due to a head injury and was just wondering if anyone has heard of only being signed off for 3 months. The assesors certainly made me relive some horrible memories, almost like they enjoyed hearing it. Thanks. Ps do you think a mandatory review is in order?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.

A MR certainly won't do any harm. Just because you have plenty of medical evidence from your GP, Consultant or any health professional you are under. As this us what you need. But mist MR decisions come back the same. Then you'll need to put in an appeal. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Mark

• Posted

Cheers Mark, I'll certainly go for the MR. Can't believe the assessor was so 2 faced, all the "sympathy" in the world from them when I told them I am waiting for my CBT to begin but by the time I get my first appointment that'll be about 3 months. Thanks for your reply

• Posted

Oh I know all about 2 faced assessors. Had one myself in Jan this year. Now waiting for a date for my tribunal. But this was for my PIP. My assessor for ESA was a doctor and fantastic. So nothing changed with that. Just hope all goes well for you.

Mark

• Posted

Hi,

Unfortunately they can re-assess you at anytime. If they think thngs can change soon then they're more likely to do this. For example if someone was given 1 year in either of the groups then anytime during that year they can re-assess. Of course they can also go way past that time too, so hopefully for you they don't contact you in 3 months. If they do then there's nothing you can do but fill that form in again and see what happens. If you don't then it's likely your money will be stopped. Good luck and hope it goes long past those 3 months smile

• Posted

Or the MR route as Mark suggested. Didn't even think of that, so sorry. Don't often miss that out but it's been a very long day and not so great health wise at the moment. Thanks Mark for that advice smile

• Posted

Hi Denise hope you're not feeling too bad and thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes, other than the MR, I can only hope that it's longer than the recommended 3 months. I was once told in 2011 that I'd be reassessed after 2 years but never heard from them again until 2015! Maybe it's just me but I personally think nowadays that they are trying to take nearly all the sufferers with "minor" mental health problems off benefits i.e. Depression, anxiety and bipolar as they are making it more difficult than ever to make any appeals. It's shocking as there are a lot of vulnerable people out there who will end up literally on the streets

• Posted

Hope you feel better soon Denise. Think we're all feeling unwell at the moment. The tiredness is really bad right now. Just hope my MS can help with something for this when I see her. Anyway night everyone. Take care.

Mark

• Posted

Hi Jones 675g78 I was just reading your post it's shocking what they are doing to people make me so mad. I have been told I have to apply for ESA I have a stimulater in for back problems and to bulges dices pressing on my nerves that go down my legs so my left leg is bad . You read post like your s and what people put on it makes people think there will be no chance they will get it . But you need to fight it good luck

• Posted

Hi Kett87. Please accept my apology if my last post made me come across as a pessimist, I certainly don't want anyone thinking that they don't have a chance, it's just my opinion on these ridiculous new benefit reforms, making mental illness hard to prove, it's disgusting. I'm sorry to hear of your back problem, my late father suffered something very similar to what you describe with nerve damage due to fracturing his spine at work. He was on the old DLA care component before it changed to PIP so if you haven't already done so, contact your GP and citizens advice to see about applying for PIP as well as ESA. Thanks and good luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.