ESA WRAG payments are being cut by £30 a week from April 2017

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

This is the latest to hit people on ESA WRAG payments, which IDS as stated from April 2017. £30 a week, on your ESA payment which you are already trying to survive on.

This was reported in The Independent

This is bad, but we are told the worse is yet to come...

What is this country coming to?

Regards,

Les.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

This man should be charged for crimes against humanity. i hope those who voted for this government are pleased with themselves.
  • Posted

Fed up with Cameron and his cronies punishing us who are disabled or I'll I for one am sick to death of fighting for the pittance this goverment give us!,

It's true the rich are getting richer and us poor saps there trying to kill of!

People should start fighting back against this goverment!,

Cameron and his bumchum Duncan smith are trying to cover it up saying the unemployment has gone down when the truth is they've decided to reduce our benefits and try to stop us getting anything why can't these morons leave us alone and stop sending billions to other corrupt country's they should help US not the illegals who sneak into our country then they are handed a house and all benefits even for children who don't live in this country! He should hang his head in shame!

• Posted

The UK is under a major Investigation by the EU, since Canada noticed how people were being treated in our country, the document was then backed up by Obama before submitting to the EU for approval - We are the first country to undergo any investigation on this magnitude. Investigators are going back to when the Tories first came into power back in 2010 and everything is being looked at. They cannot all the problems they have put people in.

IDS and his DWP recently sanctioned a mans benefits because he had not found work, he was waiting for a reply to work for the DWP!!!

The stories just get worse...

• Posted

This was done I beleive to stop those that saw ESA as a financially better off option than JSA.

Obviously if you were found fit for work they should be claiming JSA anyhow. But those who were found to be able to work in the near future shhould not be any better off moneywise than those actually looking for work.

All we have now is a revamped IB! You are either too sick to work (or should say tick the right descriptor boxes and gain enough points) and get the extra on top of the standard ESA/JSA rate OR you are either getting ready for work/looking for work and treated as JSA claimants.

• Posted

"This was done I beleive to stop those that saw ESA as a financially better off option than JSA." Surely that is the whole point of the WCA, anyone getting ESA before a WCA gets the same rate as JSA.
    • Posted

Yes, the assessment phase. But to make it less attractive for those who would only be put in the WRAG and not the Support Group, they also are to receive the same as JSA.

Effectively the idea is that only those that are totally unfit for work (who tick the right boxes and get the minimum number of points) and will be for the forseeable future should see an increase in their benefit. Something had to be done to discourage those that saw ESA as the easier option over JSA. 

As as been said many times - 'why go through the hassle of signing on and getting a sanction for the smallest infringement when I can get ESA (same money) for the next 13 weeks at least and a bit more if I am lucky and not be under the same level of scrutiny as you are under JSA? - I only need a sick note and that's easy to get - you just play on it a bit for the doc'

• Posted

So basically, reduce the financial support for those with genuine disabilities just because a few try to take advantage. It is that kind of thinking that got many genuinely disabled people from high or medium rate DLA to little or no PIP at all, lets also not forget that even those who did get PIP, many had to go through the courts to get the decison..

Very few claim ESA, or switch between JSA and ESA just because of 'extra money', they do so because they have genuine long-term medical condition that affects thier ability to 'actively seek work' which is a standard requirement when claiming JSA.

Look, I think we all on here agree that more should be done to punish those who lie to get benefits, but it shouldn't be done at the expense of genuine claimants. 

• Posted

Can't agree with you anymore. But then who are the ones that play the JSA - ESA system. The easiest way is to penalise everyone to guarantee that they get the ones cheating. Plus there is also a financial incentive for the government to claw back this extra £30 a week. Maybe I know than is the average. Due to my voluntary work, espcially with those in the age range 16 - 25, I hear it on a regular basis especially when they are looking at a JSA sanction. They will get a sick note - claim ESA and the sanction disappears.

Then there are those, that to be honest, are so lacking motivation that when they are told by the JC+ to carry out certain actions, they see it as the JC+ are picking on them so they too move over to ESA.

Let's be honest £30 a week is a big draw and to get that all they need do is get a sick note and make a claim they are going to do it.

• Posted

Yes as previously mentioned, there are people like that, but they are few compared to the many genuine claimants. It seems unfair to put a finciancial burden on those genuine claimants, just because of the actions of a few.

"The easiest way is to penalise everyone to guarantee that they get the ones cheating"

I'm sorry but what? It may very well be the 'easiest way', but that doesn't mean it is justified. Disabled people are having to put up with a lot at the moment with the introduction of PIP, and the abolition of IB and IS (for disability claims). If anything there seems to be more support now for pregnant teenagers then people with disabilities who have been "refused" PIP. I have even heard plans to scrap AA.

• Posted

The sick and disabled are vilified. The media has made this possible. Mention the three words ' disabled - sick - benefits' to most people and they will have a negative attitude towards the subject. The government are stepping in to rectify what the public perceive to be the root of all evil.

You really can't blame the government - they are reacting (for their own purpose as well) to what the majority of hard working people believe is the problem.

Yes The old 'single mums pushing out mutiple kids year in year out' is now viewed as a social problem. The anti social problem is as above - 'the sick and disabled are simply too lazy!!'

• Posted

Sorry a bit more - yes the DWP have told me that all new AA claims are on hold pending the decision to scrap it. The take up is low so not that many people that are eligible are interested in the benefit.

Besides the local authorities will kiss the feet of Osbourne when it is announced that the money saved will be heading their way instead.

• Posted

"The government are stepping in to rectify what the public perceive to be the root of all evil."

-----

I can blame the government, i know many who would agree with the viewpoint that if anything, the government's actions have promoted a discrimination of those on benefits. As you stated, people display a negative attitude of those on benefits without thinking of the circumstances.

Since 2010, IDS has gone charging in and cutting benefits without any consideration for those affected. Even the assessment providers he has picked have been controversial, stating many claimants as "fit for work" when they clearly aren't. Even then there are some still able to cheat PIP and ESA. How can someone who is completely disabled be assessed as fit for work, yet some other claimant is able to lie thier way through the process? either the decision makers are purposely denying many benefits they need, or there are some seriously stupid people working in the DWP. 

• Posted

I had a chat with what looked like too me as a Tory on YT about personal tax i told him I was on benefits only the one ESA told him my story of the DWP not giving me a face to face interview and them owning me more then 7k and he came back with well it's free money and you can't sue as its free

I told him don't get ill under the government as they will do everything in there power too screw you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.